It's a coffee sippin kinda morning!

Tho I'm not remotely functional at 3 am haha
LOL, my kids are like me; fully functional as soon as they are waken up. They however can fall asleep anywhere. I remember the first time they started hunting. I would post them strategically. One time I was watching my oldest son and he managed for the first 30 minutes to stay awake, until my hunting buddy was trying to get his attention and gesturing there's buck behind him. The boy was asleep. From then on, I decided they need to be within smacking distance.

The following week we went back. I spotted a doe 30 minutes into legal shooting time. I tapped his shoulder, pointed at the doe, he grabbed his rifle, a couple of quick breaths, and then pulled the trigger a few seconds later. We harvested 3 deer that AM and we're home by 1000.

LOL, my kids are like me; fully functional as soon as they are waken up. They however can fall asleep anywhere. I remember the first time they started hunting. I would post them strategically. One time I was watching my oldest son and he managed for the first 30 minutes to stay awake, until my hunting buddy was trying to get his attention and gesturing there's buck behind him. The boy was asleep. From then on, I decided they need to be within smacking distance.

The following week we went back. I spotted a doe 30 minutes into legal shooting time. I tapped his shoulder, pointed at the doe, he grabbed his rifle, a couple of quick breaths, and then pulled the trigger a few seconds later. We harvested 3 deer that AM and we're home by 1000.
Hahahhahahahhaa

I've had a snooze while hunting…but on purpose. Had a spot when I was a teenager, permission to hunt from the farmer who had a double a row of round bales right in the middle of the field for three winters in a row (not the same bales mind you, just kept stashing bales in the same place). I would go out after lunch, get comfortable between the bales totally out of sight and silent…and have myself a nice little nap. They generally aren't moving much mid day anyway.

Sure enough, pretty much every time I'd wake up and there'd be some deer nearby,
Edge of the tree line about 200 yards away. 3 years in a row I did that in November. It works 🤣

Some local brew to try; the HB is for the wife.

Morning light coffee.jpg

Figured with all the recent hackle raising "discussion", this may be a good one to help people chill out ha ha! Besides, it goes along quite well with @FEENIX 's other beverage threads!

So, post your best pic of your relaxing morning brew, and let's get this one going!

I'm enjoying a nice cup of Black Rifle Freedom Fuel, and working on a couple of leftover cookies, enjoying the gorgeous views out my window of the morning light casting shadows on the high uinta mountains, and watching the horses do their thing. As you may notice, my little ones have done a good job at sampling nearly every cookie on the plate! Ha ha. Good morning everybody, and God bless!

View attachment 329142View attachment 329143
Cody,

I cannot believe it has been over a year since you started this thread. I remember those threads that prompted you to start it, OMG,

Ed

What I can't believe is looking at that picture from January 10th, seeing a lot of dirt.....and looking now at a solid 2' of snow. This winter has been ridiculous!
I'm in SE Pa & our temps almost in the 90s. Have had our ups & downs though in temps. Still a very mild winter. Hope you see better weather soon.

I'm in SE Pa & our temps almost in the 90s. Have had our ups & downs though in temps. Still a very mild winter. Hope you see better weather soon.
In this area of Wyoming, our average snow pack is about 68 inches. As of right now, we are at about 156 inches of accumulation this year. This year beats the highest ever recorded snow accumulation (back in 1986-87 winter) by nearly three feet. I have cabin fever big time!!

Love the smell of eley. I ran their silou-x in my winchester 52 silhouette rifle for a while.

I never tried it, I think my uncle used it, but not sure, it rings a bell.

Winchester Super Silhouette shot pretty good though, box had a Ram on it. Not sure why they discontinued it, I know a lot of silhouette shooters used it when it was around.