It was just a matter of time CO

The northwoods of WI is my homeland. The wolves were there before they brought the elk in near Clam Lake. They've always been there, same as cougars. It interesting that there have been stories of wolf packs following deer herds down the river bottoms all the way to Illinois. They follow food supplies and have a big advantage in late winter over weak whitetails in deep snow. I know some friends that have lost bear dogs during training season. I also know the locals up north do pretty well at keeping the pack numbers down. The likely hood of them getting desperate enough to go after humans for food with the size of the deer herd in WI is highly unlikely but taking stock animals, pets, working dogs, etc. is not just about money. People gotta protect their assets on their own.
As wolves disappeared from the Wisconsin landscape, however, public attitudes towards wolves began to shift. In the 1930s, a shift in thinking, spurred by the likes of Aldo Leopold, Sigurd Olson, and others, led to a greater appreciation of predators and their role in ecosystems, and by 1957, with only the scattered remnants of a wolf population, Wisconsin ended the bounty on wolves.
Article taken from web...... note disappeared and bounty.....
Now again in the state there oughta be a bounty on them....

As wolves disappeared from the Wisconsin landscape, however, public attitudes towards wolves began to shift. In the 1930s, a shift in thinking, spurred by the likes of Aldo Leopold, Sigurd Olson, and others, led to a greater appreciation of predators and their role in ecosystems, and by 1957, with only the scattered remnants of a wolf population, Wisconsin ended the bounty on wolves.
Article taken from web...... note disappeared and bounty.....
Now again in the state there oughta be a bounty on them....
I could throw a rock and hit the Sigurd Olson Institute from my home when I lived in WI, literally. I don't know if bounties would ever come back but like anywhere people should be allowed to keep predator populations in check. There's a place for wolves in the wild but human population densities are much different than even 100 years ago. Anyone that actually knows what wolves do knows they don't want them in their back yard. Where I live in WY we have a higher population of wolves than northern WI but the human population is much less dense and therefore there arent as many conflicts. There still are issues with livestock but not usually much interaction with people or pets. Theres no guarantees though. Apex predators belong in wild places but only fools believe that everyone and everything get along together. I prefer to be the apex predator in my neighborhood.

Kill them all, then let God sort them out.
Absolutely...... In Wisconsin they planted elk.....a few years later they planted wolves......what do wolves eat...??? they ate our whitetail deer...... now they are eating elk...They will pay hunters for dogs eaten by wolves,,farmers for cattle,sheep,emus etc.etc....eaten by wolves....when their food runs out they go to 2 legged animals....
There is a reason wolves got extinct..... they eat the same thing humans eat..... then they eat the humans....

Wolves should be reintroduce in the TX, AZ ,CA border along the River border between the water and Razor wire. to Mex. Make a 5 mile zone between Mex line and then 5-10 miles on the US side with High Fencing on the US side. Let the Wolves live there freely to eat rabbits, mice, deer and coyotes Liberals and environments should love that. I would estimate that the environmentalists can round up at least 10,000 wolves from MT WY. CO and even get some from Canada for relocation.
The US Ranchers that have land in these areas would be compensated to use their land for conversation of the Wolves.
Liberals and Environmentalists would be so happy and our government would save Billions $$$$$s due to no more Border Patrol and the USA would save millions of Lives due to drug overdoses since we would not have to worry about drug carrying coyotes coming across the border into the US.

Saw another article that said the oragon wolves that were "reintroduced" to co are known cattle killers and been around humans enough to not be scared of them.

Colorado now says they are using strobe lights, loud noises, and flags to keep wolves away from ranchers herds ( cause that will work well)--- co is now saying they will hire "range riders" to keep wolves away from cattle --- they are still not planning on tagging or tracking newborn wolf pups after mating/birthing season

Sometimes im ashamed I live in the same state as these people that have no common sense

Colorado ranchers raise concerns after "second" wolf depredation

Colorado ranchers raise concerns after "second" wolf depredation

A friend has spotted a lone wolf on his property as have his neighbors. Two calves are missing and wolf tracks were found in the area. At least we are allowed to shoot them on sight, the same as a coyote. But first you have to see them when armed.

Saw on news this morning that there are now 4 confirmed wolf/cattle killings--- ranchers are not claiming the "state money"-- most likely ranchers will file a lawsuit to try for more $ than is being offered.

Ranchers are calling for the killing of wolves that kill cattle.

What happened to the so called "range rider program"? -- I'm guessing they are still having meetings on how to proceed

Recent Posts