It should work fine..,,

Muddyboots

Just wish I didn't wax the sled though.
B7C9EF99-7D40-4F5F-B226-6EE539D37AF7.jpeg

Deer sleigh from cabelas pulled 2 elk off a hillside one day....well..the slid and rolled yo bottom of hill...then slid out on the sleigh.....wish I had the elk sleigh...then I could have jumped on and had the kid pull my tired butt too....

I'd be more worried about busting all the teeth out when the face hits the tailgate...

I can't believe you moved a whole moose. Alaskan moose come out in multiple trips. Or build a cabin and eat it there.
The picture doesn't do that moose justice. It weighed 1,050 lbs. The sled was too small but it worked. The sled was connected to a heavy braided nylon lines that were linked together in 100yd sections. The line was run through pullies that were affixed to trees when a change of direction was needed. The ultimate tow vehicle was a pick-up truck down on the logging road. The driver was given instructions through a two-way radio. The line would stretch like crazy before the sled moved an inch.

Supposedly, quads were not permitted for retrieval of moose on the public property.

IMG_5007.JPG

Last edited:
The picture doesn't do that moose justice. It weighed 1,050 lbs. The sled was too small but it worked. The sled was connected to a heavy braided nylon line that was linked together in 100yd sections. The line was run through pullies that were affixed to trees when a change of directing was needed. The ultimate tow vehicle was a pick-up truck down on the logging road. The driver was given instructions through a two-way radio. The line would stretch like crazy before the sled moved an inch.

Supposedly, quads were not permitted for retrieval of moose on the public property.

View attachment 414961
Still looks like a cabin is a good alternative. Just have to convince the wife that it's easier to winter where you shot the moose.

I can't believe you moved a whole moose.
I've shot a few bulls in Newfoundland. Some guides like to quarter or halve the moose, but one guide insisted on putting the bull into the Argo whole. We used a winch over the top of the Argo frame and had 3 guys lifting at the same time. There was so much strain on the cable that it crushed the frame and the roof of the Argo before we got it into the back.

My suggestion was to skin the moose and cut it in half but the guide calls the shots when you're afield. 😁