Is this for real???

DUCKMAN11

I'm needing some RL 26. Or should I say I'm wanting more RL26. I have a 25-06AI that should be finished in a few months and a 300prc that I'm already loading for and my current stock is getting lower than what I'm comfortable with.

So with nobody carrying RL26 online...that I can find...anywhere....that will ship to my door. I decided to crawl through the sewer of price gouging and briefly looked on GB and found this.

Are people in the 2A/hunting community actually able to sleep at night putting out products with these kind of markups??

I would have been ok paying 2x the regular price or around $80 a pound. I get it that times are crazy but not $200 for 1# of powder crazy!

I believe in my heart that there is a special place in hell for the guys trying to sell things at these ridiculous prices!

I know that this isn't new news. But I hope the people doing this stuff have a water pipe bust in the attic and their "stash" gets soaked!!

Sorry for the rant!

I'm needing some RL 26. Or should I say I'm wanting more RL26. I have a 25-06AI that should be finished in a few months and a 300prc that I'm already loading for and my current stock is getting lower than what I'm comfortable with.

So with nobody carrying RL26 online...that I can find...anywhere....that will ship to my door. I decided to crawl through the sewer of price gouging and briefly looked on GB and found this.

Are people in the 2A/hunting community actually able to sleep at night putting out products with these kind of markups??

I would have been ok paying 2x the regular price or around $80 a pound. I get it that times are crazy but not $200 for 1# of powder crazy!

I believe in my heart that there is a special place in hell for the guys trying to sell things at these ridiculous prices!

I know that this isn't new news. But I hope the people doing this stuff have a water pipe bust in the attic and their "stash" gets soaked!!

Sorry for the rant!
Now don't get me wrong I am not having a go at you but I thought America was built on this principle

Sorry for the rant!
GB is an auction site, so yes, it is for real.

That's the way it is now, unfortunately. It should be more realistic prices over time, but I doubt it drops to previous price.

I spent a lot over last 2-6 years, prior to current price explosion, buying all the primers, bullets, brass and powder I could find for me, my son's and grandson.

I was able to trade primers and powders locally to refurbish needed specific components. The "old hands" have been thru shortages several times, so they know to keep their components stocked well for all their rifles, plus rifles they plan on building.

People that are new to reloading or used to picking up a pound or two at a local shop, are really in a bind. If things do settle down somewhat, they will have learned to build a good stash for the future.

I was able to trade for 40# of RL-23 about a year ago from a local shop that were desperate for primers. RL-23 is nearly impossible to find, so I was able to trade 8# for 12# of Varget I needed.

If a guy doesn't want to buy the hard to find, super expensive powders, he needs something to trade, find another powder or do without. It's a shame, for sure.

On the bright side, I have seen more primers, powder, bullets, and loaded ammo on the shelves in the last 5 weeks than I have in 2 years. Enough that it has been in stock and STAYED in stock (except for the Federal primers). manufacturers are clawing their way back. With luck we will even see a sale again someday!

Sorry for the rant!
Start an account at shootingbot.com and sign up for alerts when your selected powder is in stock. You have the option to select which online retailer you want the alert from. You can also get alerts for bullets, brass, primers etc. I was able to pick up 8lb of RL33 this weekend because of the alert.

I'm not the type to show my cards but I had 40# of Rl26 at one time for one rifle. I subsequently started putting together parts for a 25-06AI 2 YEARS ago because I had powder to load for it. I had plans to have 2 rifles that used the same powder and just stock up on one powder.

Yes their are alternatives to RL26 in my applications but good luck finding those as well.

@deadidarren I'm saying this NOT to start an argument... but no this once great country was not founded on price gouging. However price gouging through taxation by the British government did help start a war. This current form of capitalism didn't really show up until the 1840's where acts like shop keepers in California selling shovels bought in Boston for $0.50 to prospectors for $20.

I guess I'm more shocked that a pound of powder is being sold at $225 than anything.

@338weatherby all I can say is thank you!

I had a member PM me last night from Houston offering to sell me 2-3# at a very reasonable price. I wasn't asking for help per se but he still offered to help and thats what I like about this community!

I'm not the type to show my cards but I had 40# of Rl26 at one time for one rifle. I subsequently started putting together parts for a 25-06AI 2 YEARS ago because I had powder to load for it. I had plans to have 2 rifles that used the same powder and just stock up on one powder.

Yes their are alternatives to RL26 in my applications but good luck finding those as well.

@deadidarren I'm saying this NOT to start an argument... but no this once great country was not founded on price gouging. However price gouging through taxation by the British government did help start a war. This current form of capitalism didn't really show up until the 1840's where acts like shop keepers in California selling shovels bought in Boston for $0.50 to prospectors for $20.

I guess I'm more shocked that a pound of powder is being sold at $225 than anything.

@338weatherby all I can say is thank you!

I had a member PM me last night from Houston offering to sell me 2-3# at a very reasonable price. I wasn't asking for help per se but he still offered to help and thats what I like about this community!
No problem this way it was just my roundabout way of referring to supply and demand set the price .
To me it isn't much different than buying a house for $300,000 like a friend of mine did where I live and then selling it for $600,000 in 5 years 👍