Is there such a thing....

morning, the cartridge is called the 7mm Mashburn. basically the 7mm Wbee without

the magnum ring on the base of the cartridge. the 7mmstw is an excellent choice.

lack of cartridges for reloading is a problem. 7mm rum is a race horse. so u decide.

personally I would go with the 300WM. for hunting in north America this is a

excellent caliber. u do no mention the rifle maker?

if u decide to go with the AI check on the cost of the reamer, very reliable

smith.

thank u food for thought.lightbulb

STW brass is VERY easy to find... Took me 30 seconds, just found some.

Nosler Custom Reloading Brass 7mm STW Box of 25

I think most people are too cheap to pony-up the cash for the good brass...And when most people make the claim that "STW brass is hard to find", I think what they really mean, "CHEAP STW brass is hard to find".

Which is fine, because the Nosler brass is excellent, and shoots great in my rifles, and I don't mind paying the extra money for it. So that leaves more for me. :D

There is a such thing as the 7mmRM AI, but nothing standardized...It is a wildcat caliber and you would have to have a custom reamer and dies made (expensive).

What it sounds like you need, is a 7mm STW. I'm pushing 180's at 3,000 out of a 26" barrel, with no pressure signs. I use Nosler brass, Berger 180 Hybrids, Federal 215M primers, and 7828 SSC powder.

Without his books in front of me, I'd have to say no. Others may have, but not Parker Ackley. The 7mm Rem. mag was one of his favorite cartridges, and he often said it was near perfect. He also liked the 7mm WBY. mag. An improved (using P.O.'s formula) 7mm mag would only show a very minimal improvement with a .490" shoulder diameter. Still you might gain a grain or two of powder with the 40 degree shoulder. Probably be better off with the .308 Norma mag case as it's .059" longer, yet nearly the same other wise. You approach the Weatherby, and you start getting into serious overbore. Still nothing like the Ultra mags.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.