is there an on line program

lloydsmale

that will give a guy approximate ajustments (1/4 clicks) for different ranges with a given bullet and velocity and a initial sight in range? I know just switch guns can make a difference and I eventually need to get it out and shoot at long range but its kind of a pain because I don't have a long distance range. Mine is only 200 yards and I have to drive a 100 miles round trip to the area we hunt to find a spot and then haul bench ect and set it up.

that will give a guy approximate ajustments (1/4 clicks) for different ranges with a given bullet and velocity and a initial sight in range? I know just switch guns can make a difference and I eventually need to get it out and shoot at long range but its kind of a pain because I don't have a long distance range. Mine is only 200 yards and I have to drive a 100 miles round trip to the area we hunt to find a spot and then haul bench ect and set it up.

I think a good starting point would be to click on the G7 Ballistic Calculator on the top of this page.

kick me in the but pal. One of those "i don't need no stinking instructions thing" I went back watched the videos and it worked just fine when you followed instructions!! Try to teach an old dog new tricks! by the way that's a real cool program!

Been there, done that. Got a T-shirt, but can't remember where I left it, print was to small for my eyes anyhow, kids tried reading it to me but they talk too soft!

Been there, done that. Got a T-shirt, but can't remember where I left it, print was to small for my eyes anyhow, kids tried reading it to me but they talk too soft!
Well if you have an Apple iPhone or iPad the Ballistic APP or iSnipe from the Apple Store will do all you need as well as what was mentioned above.

There is also an online program on the Hornady web site as well that works well enough. If you have the Sierra Reloading Manual add-on or can buy it, that is one of the better ones for an MS Windows based computer.

Hope this is some help.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.