Is there a 375/338 Lapua Wildcat Out There?

alcesgigas

I used the search engine here and the word Lapua turned up 500 responses--even when coupled with the prefix 375/338. I can't imagine the 338 Lapua hasn't been expanded to 375. If it has is it hiding under some alias or other?

Yes, we have built one on the Defiance Rebel, 8 twist 31" Rockcreek, medium PK and improved it. Just got dies last week so will be doing load development soon. Have fire formed brass already so need to size necks and ready to go. Looking forward to some long range testing of our big 375's.
Brian

That is good news. I have a barrel on order, but in 338, for your heavy 338s (along with Cutting Edge, etc.). Don't think my rifle is capable of being a switch barrel, but if it were one would be a 375 Lapua. The brass is so good I don't want to stray from it. So I'm toying with a Mausingfield and a gain twist 375... However, the wait for a gain twist in that bore size is longer than some of the fish in tales I've heard. This would be for a carry gun as well--with a shorter lighter cut barrel of course.

Sure interested in your upcoming experiences with your "test platform." Thanks for responding.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.