Is there a $1,000 difference between the SIG Kilo 2200 and 2400?

mildot - Here in New Zealand, any of these units mentioned above, are worth their weight.
If ITAR is applied as you suggest, all the hunters here would be back to 'bow and arrow' hunting
Not that that would worry some people, but if you're a clumsy, fumble foot like me, I'd starve.

I am old school. I use a kilo 2000 pared with the kestrel wind meter. I gives me the wind speed where I am and I use my Leupold 6.5-20x50 Mark 4 LR/T and back the side focus up a bit to allow me to look at the mirage. I add those wind speeds together and divide by 2 for the average wind speed. When the temperature is hotter than my zero day I subtract 1 MOA for every 10*f and add the same when it's colder. I do a half MOA for every 1000' feet in elevation add or subtract. My scope has kenton industries ballistic ally matched turrets to my rifle. I merely range and crank my elevation turret to that range and then make the adjustment for environmental conditions. I still occasionally practice milling targets and use the average size the the target I am pursuing. I have done this for years and even in combat. IMO it's the easiest system and most dependable.

mildot - Here in New Zealand, any of these units mentioned above, are worth their weight.
If ITAR is applied as you suggest, all the hunters here would be back to 'bow and arrow' hunting
Not that that would worry some people, but if you're a clumsy, fumble foot like me, I'd starve.

Yeah Mate, me too, I'm an Aussie but I am in the UK for a while, I guess they could just do a check on folks outside of the US before they sell them one,

As much as it burns me to say it, but in the EU those are the times we live in, I hate anything that restricts my shooting, But these new gizmo's make anything possible, As for my ITAR comment I was just thinking out loud to warn others really.

John.

Experienced Western Australia's version of over 30 years ago.
Sold all my gear and bought a house instead.
Re:ITAR - most of the hunters/shooters here use the Internet to shop o'seas.
Buying gear like SIG and Kestrel, US made equipment and other excellent products is a minefield - most US based resellers won't ship to NZ as they're afraid Home Security, CIA, FBI and BATF will shut them down.
Mainly parts and AR style bits.
Forget pistols, revolvers and handgun bits - have to be licensed to own these here.
Ah well - born in the wrong countries eh.

Experienced Western Australia's version of over 30 years ago.
Sold all my gear and bought a house instead.
Re:ITAR - most of the hunters/shooters here use the Internet to shop o'seas.
Buying gear like SIG and Kestrel, US made equipment and other excellent products is a minefield - most US based resellers won't ship to NZ as they're afraid Home Security, CIA, FBI and BATF will shut them down.
Mainly parts and AR style bits.
Forget pistols, revolvers and handgun bits - have to be licensed to own these here.
Ah well - born in the wrong countries eh.

Well If you need anything l will have a look for them, I might be able to find bits and pieces for ya,

John.

So where/how are you carrying your Kilo so the temperature sensor isn't picking up your body temperature or direct sunlight? I played around with one my buddy bought but the funky wind meter that may or may not work and the temperature question make me hesitate. I guess I could get better at reading wind and forget about the kestrel or kilo meter.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.