Is the 6.5 Creedmoor the best do it all cartridge ever

Just seen a question on Facebook:
"Who has a drop chart for 6.5 Creedmoor, 140 ELD to 1000 yards?"

I see the point of "it's the people that annoy me"'.

I'm going to revert back to a earlier post on one of these Creed threads.
These guys do not want to put any work in shooting.
Someone is going to provide a chart that will get the guy close. Then he'll tweak it till it fits. The Creedmoor offers these guys factory ammo and data that will take all the hard work that I personally enjoy out of the equation.
I just don't get people who want all the questions answered without figuring out why the question even come up!
Its rampant in every part of this sport now.
Maybe I'm different, but I will not sleep until a i figure out why I had a question, long after I figured out the answer/solution.
But I also come from a time when any electronic device, even lighted sight pins were prohibited. We had to scout with binoculars and tying thread to small saplings to try and get a general time when the deer moved thru a area. Now in the time of instant answers, guys check their trail cameras (several trail cameras) while they are at work, pattern a big buck thru surveillance, they know he's coming thru at 7:00am so they show up at 6:30, shoot it, then go to the restaurant and bragg they killed the biggest smartest buck in the county! And all the goons will worship him as the greatest hunter of all time. So yea it's the people!!
Merry Christmas!!
Same goes for the people that pay big money to some guide that does the actual hunting. Then the guy that pulls the trigger acts like the world's greatest hunter. I have a lot more respect for a guy that does it by himself and even more if he gets it done on public land where everyone has a chance at the same animal. That is a true hunter. No guides for me unless it is required by law.

I am thinking of a 6.5 - 50 bmg improved I will call it the 6.5 Creedmost :)
Loaded to proper case capacities with that small of a diameter neck, you're going to have powder bridging, so I'd call it the "6.5mm Pipebomb"... Because that's what's going to happen when you touch-off the trigger for the first time.

Same goes for the people that pay big money to some guide that does the actual hunting. Then the guy that pulls the trigger acts like the world's greatest hunter. I have a lot more respect for a guy that does it by himself and even more if he gets it done on public land where everyone has a chance at the same animal. That is a true hunter. No guides for me unless it is required by law.
I agree with everything you said, except the public land part. Public land where yall hunt is WAY different than the public land down here. Public land down here is a dangerous place to be, because every inbred hillbilly and poor trailer trash with a gun hunts management area down here, and those are NOT people you want to be around in the woods with loaded weapons (unsafe practices in all aspects). I don't even own any land, so don't think I'm some uppity rich guy for saying this, but if I'm not able to hunt on privately owned land, my *** sits at home. Trust me, one of my best friends is a former AL Game Warden, and former cop, and even he will refuse to hunt public land 9/10 times. That's how sketchy and dangerous it is to hunt public land down here.

****, does that mean I can't name it the 6.5 Creedmost?
Hope you can develop load with just a few shots.
Throat erosion measured per shot.

I know it's not possible for everyone but you get my point right? There is a added degree of difficulty doing it on public land where there is competition and thousands of acres for game to hide. There is a sense of pride doing it this way. I know you all have it different down there.

I know it's not possible for everyone but you get my point right? There is a added degree of difficulty doing it on public land where there is competition and thousands of acres for game to hide. There is a sense of pride doing it this way. I know you all have it different down there.
Definitely. I have never been on a guided hunt, and every animal I have killed was fair game (literally :D), and was free-range.

I like to help new people on the forum yet I think what has happened is the site has so many keyboard experts it clogs up the forums and feeds with too many posts that are not valuable to the original post. I think I do the same as most of the more experienced people on here and when I see a bunch of those types chiming in I simply move on.

It would be fun if there was a section of the forum where only those that have been on for 2+ years can post. That might help.

I have just seen some recent posts giving advice and if someone who didn't know how to filter out the good advice from the BS could actually get hurt so that's a concern. I love learning, reading and contributing to the forum but it has gotten somewhat frustrating lately.

I agree with everything you said, except the public land part. Public land where yall hunt is WAY different than the public land down here. Public land down here is a dangerous place to be, because every inbred hillbilly and poor trailer trash with a gun hunts management area down here, and those are NOT people you want to be around in the woods with loaded weapons (unsafe practices in all aspects). I don't even own any land, so don't think I'm some uppity rich guy for saying this, but if I'm not able to hunt on privately owned land, my *** sits at home. Trust me, one of my best friends is a former AL Game Warden, and former cop, and even he will refuse to hunt public land 9/10 times. That's how sketchy and dangerous it is to hunt public land down here.

The public land I him in MI is no better. The local poachers have been harassing and intimidating me and others for years. I'm surprised no one has gotten shot. The see guys are somewhat treacherous.

I like to help new people on the forum yet I think what has happened is the site has so many keyboard experts it clogs up the forums and feeds with too many posts that are not valuable to the original post. I think I do the same as most of the more experienced people on here and when I see a bunch of those types chiming in I simply move on.

It would be fun if there was a section of the forum where only those that have been on for 2+ years can post. That might help.

I have just seen some recent posts giving advice and if someone who didn't know how to filter out the good advice from the BS could actually get hurt so that's a concern. I love learning, reading and contributing to the forum but it has gotten somewhat frustrating lately.
I actually think that would be a cool idea. It could be more or less a hangout zone/lounge type area for those that have been around long enough to know each other to shoot the bull.

Also, as much as I hate to say this, as much traction as the 6.5's have gotten the last few years, having a 6.5mm sub-section (like was made for us 7mm STW shooters) would not be a half-bad idea. Maybe have a "By Caliber" section for every centerfire from .17 up to .50...? Might be a bit of work, but I think that would be cool. For those who have no interest in a certain caliber cartridge, then they don't have to dig through all the BS to find info about the caliber cartridge they're interested in.

Might be a stupid idea to some, or some might feel it counterproductive, but I'm just spit-balling ideas...

I like them all! They all have their purpose. When it all boils down, what guys don't like and causes discontent, is when people make claims that a smaller less powerful cartrige will out do a larger more powerful cartridge. It is false. The guys that get sucked into the false nerative and continue to make the claim with huge vigor, just further aggrivate the guys that know better. Nothing wrong with the Creed, just not the unicorn slayer it has been made out to be. Probably won't have one since we have a 6.5 Dasher reamer. Creed simply can't come close in any way. We did pick up a 6mm Creed but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. It should crush the 6.5 Creed, after all it is a smaller dia on the same case with faster twist.:rolleyes::D

Steve
This is my biggest problem. You hit the nail on the head

I've been lurking, listening, and learning on this site for awhile now. I have not interjected where I have no knowledge. I personally have been a reloader all of my life...but I only knew what I could get out of a manual. This forum here is absolutely the best place to be, for some one like myself. I ask questions, folks with experience give answers, and usually I still must think, and I greatly enjoy this. Learning a knew skill is tuff, for some people, and humbling, at times. Please allow me to a) apologize for sometimes saying something kinda dumb sounding, and b) express my gratitude to those of you who have the experience, and are willing to share that experience with total strangers, some of whom are, unfortunately , also total dumbasses. I would really NOT like to see any type of 2yr posting rule, or any thing like that happen here. I have been enjoying the current banter and by play about the 6.5 CM, but only when, in my best estimation, it is done in fun and jest. It's when some one begins to argue from a state of emotional logic (oxymoron, rite?) that messes it all up. There are ignorant boobs in all walks of life, and only the ones who allow themselves to be educated and become educated, stick it out . Those who don't, sadly, come under a different header. Stupid comes to mind. Its just too bad that there is no litmus test, no crystal ball or magic scrying pool for you all, the educated, to use in order to see who is willing to listen and learn, and who is not. Hang in there, and don't give up. Thanks for listening, and thanks for being here.
Gregg

I started this thread as a joke as I was bored with hanging out with the family over the weekend. Some of the Creedmoor guys took it way to serious and now we are going on 9 pages. Let it go boys, it's a decent cartridge for what it is. It's not gonna out do the 6.5x284 and it's bigger brothers. Don't take everything so serious and have a good rest of the year.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.