Is Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport any good?

MtPockets

I'm looking to get an AR and found a deal on an M&P15 Sport. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them? What kind of accuracy can I expect?
I understand that they are an "entry level" AR and don't have the dust cover or forward assist, but is it a good gun otherwise? I've also heard they have a cheaper barrel- is it still a decent barrel or a ***? Will all the standard AR accessories fit it?
I'm just planning to leave it in the pickup for coyotes and such- and maybe wolves at some point.
I know that's a lot of questions, but I don't want to waste my time or money if it's not a good gun.
Thanks for the help!

I bought my wife one about 2 yrs ago and its been a great rifle. No jams so far. The barrel is a 1/8 5r and shoots 1 moa with 60 gr tap. gun)

I'll try to post a pic.

I bought my wife one about 2 yrs ago and its been a great rifle. No jams so far. The barrel is a 1/8 5r and shoots 1 moa with 60 gr tap. gun)

I'll try to post a pic.

Here is the pic.

Attachments

• 2014-01-28 19.15.27.jpg
    2014-01-28 19.15.27.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 159
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.