Is it possible to find certain lots of Ammo by asking or searching somewhere?

speckdaddy

Good Afternoon all,

This is my first post here and I've read many interesting articles so far that have been beneficial to me for my shooting. I've just purchased a brand new Sako rifle in 300 WSM and was sighting it in. One box 150gr Silver ballistic tip ammo shot around a 1 inch group, another box with a different lot number shot a .192 " group. I've seen this happen to me before.

I would like to know how to track down specific lots if possible, in order to purchase a few more boxes. The good box is much older than the other box as far as when I purchased from store. I've got a Winchester Model 70 in the same caliber that is VERY finicky and that is why i need to find the same lot. That way hopefully I can shoot the same box of ammo with both rifles if I carry them both on a trip as a backup.gun)

Thanks in advance.

Yours is a very difficult question to answer to your satisfaction.....even to my satisfaction!

I know of no way to search for such information. Contact with the manufacturer may reveal when a certain lot was made, or even learning the lot code will reveal that type of info.

Your problem is why folks reload their own. The choice to reload is a personal consideration.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.