Aftermarkwt rifle stock, is it possible to do this?

simone

Hi everyone, i always used factory made rifles for hunting but now i am thinking to buy my second b14 hunter and i want to put it in an aftermarket stock (Mcmillan remington hunter probably). I have 2 questions:
1) i am used to straight comb stocks. The one on my b14 hunter fits me well and only while shooting from a bench i feel the need for a slightly higher comb, in the field i always found it comfortable. I am more or less 5 9 height and i mostly shoot prone while hunting so do you think a higher comb stock like the mcmillan remington hunter could be worse than the standard b14 one for this application? I heard higher comb stocks are better for shooting standing or kneeling and they fit taller people better. I can't try it because of point 2.
2) i live in Italy. We can buy mcmillan stocks but the waiting time is more or less 6 months and of course i can't send my rifle to mcmillan for the fitting. I read they recommend sending in the rifle, especially if it is magazine fed, for proper fitting, but i know for sure many people here buy mcmillan stocks oversea and put their barreled actions in them. What do you think?

Thanks
Simone