Is an ELD-M basically just a tipped berger?

Well, maybe I a little more read than you.

Have heard Joe q hunter talking about eldx are like Barnes.

Ymmv.....
Nothing Joe Q hunter does or says surprises me anymore.

It's a quandary for me. I'm as much of a 2nd Amendment supporter as one can be and still not be a kook, but I've seen so much stupid, dangerous, careless behavior at ranges and in the field I would not object to mandatory education and licensing to carry off or one's own property.

Well, maybe I a little more read than you.

Have heard Joe q hunter talking about eldx are like Barnes.

Ymmv.....
Okay, not going to dispute what you've experienced…but will simply state this is in no way some kind of deception or misleading marketing on hornady's part. One manufacturer does not have dibs on the letter x. Hornady plainly states that x stands for expanding (do these same people think that their ftx lever and handgun bullets are automatically bonded or monometal because the letter x shows up?). They do this with their eldx, ftx, mfx, cx, and dgx bullets - some of those are monos, one is bonded, some are cup and core…the x simply means it's a purpose-designed expanding bullet, not a match bullet or a solid (dgs). That people somehow feel hornady mislead them is hard to get my head around…they make all this plainly available information, never claim the eldx is bonded or a mono like Barnes…some people just get an idea in their head and never once try to verify their "information" and once they discover the hard way that they're wrong they blame the world or someone other than themselves for not having done their homework, or even engaged in basic reading.

It's a quandary for me. I'm as much of a 2nd Amendment supporter as one can be and still not be a kook, but I've seen so much stupid, dangerous, careless behavior at ranges and in the field I would not object to mandatory education and licensing to carry off or one's own property.
More education, yes! The schools should be purged of leftist liberals, mandated to teach the correct version of US history, the bill of rights, and the constitution. How to read and write English, and do at least basic math. Then throw in some proper gun instruction since parents have pretty much dropped the ball there. But, do not ever consider putting restrictions or mandated requirements on the 2nd amendment!

Okay, not going to dispute what you've experienced…but will simply state this is in no way some kind of deception or misleading marketing on hornady's part. One manufacturer does not have dibs on the letter x. Hornady plainly states that x stands for expanding (do these same people think that their ftx lever and handgun bullets are automatically bonded or monometal because the letter x shows up?). They do this with their eldx, ftx, mfx, cx, and dgx bullets - some of those are monos, one is bonded, some are cup and core…the x simply means it's a purpose-designed expanding bullet, not a match bullet or a solid (dgs). That people somehow feel hornady mislead them is hard to get my head around…they make all this plainly available information, never claim the eldx is bonded or a mono like Barnes…some people just get an idea in their head and never once try to verify their "information" and once they discover the hard way that they're wrong they blame the world or someone other than themselves for not having done their homework, or even engaged in basic reading.
How right you are.

I think something similar to this for people deciding to have children wouldn't be a bad idea either. Of course now I will be labeled a Fascist and get cancelled.

Na. Sometimes the truth hurts though.
Heck if you smile and say, "Good Morning" to the wrong person or in a way that they don't like you're a "racist, homophobe, white nationalist hell bent on an ethnic and racial cleansing, not to mention eugenicist".

Of course, anytime uses the word Eugenecist I ask them to spell it and give the definition.

😂

Yes I get cussed at a lot and have been physically attacked for doing so.

Even at my age that never ends well for the attacker.

3 anti gun nuts attempted to forcibly disarm me when the NRA convention came to Dallas as I entered.

8 cops stood there stone still until they couldn't any more and broke down laughing so hard they couldn't breathe.

One finally asked me if I was done yet, and I said, "yessir, need me to sign a witness statement of complaint,".

He said nossir, we have 8 bonded witnesses and probably 30 miles of video tape but if you want to come to the arraignment and trial we'll be happy to give you a ride.

I had a great day that day.

I was at a gun range called TacPro a few years back at the 500 yard range. There was people there with new guns and were never zeroed in. I noticed after a few shots I was not seeing any dirt fly at the berm. I asked them what are they shooting at? Long story short. I asked them if they would go to the 100 or even the 200 yard range first before shooting at 500 yards. They had some teenagers with them and a few younger ones. I told them your kids are watching you and they will be old enough to come here without you soon. Would you want your kids to be doing what your doing when your not around? I wasn't trying to be rude. They simply wasn't thinking. They left the section I was in so hopefully they listened.