Is 200 yard zero, Zero?

captgoul

Using the G7 calculator, I set it up for a 200yd zero, and it gave me a -0.3R MOA dial in, for spin drift, at 200 yards. I checked the, 'don't add to windage', for the spin drift, and also did not add any wind. (and shooting dead East). My question is, shouldn't zero be zero, and any other dial ins be made after zero. ? Thanks

On my ballistics advanced edition you can have spin drift zeroed with your
Zero range or have it calculat drift from muzzle. You might have the same option

Thanks for your reply. I'm using LRH G7 ballistics calculator and the only thing I can find is adding the spin drift to the wind direction, and coriolis added to the drop. My wind speed is set at zero and direction 12 o'clock. And I'm Still getting a -0.3R dial in. Is the , "ballistics advanced edition" that you're using part of the LRH G7 program or is it a different program all together? (There's a real good chance I don't know what I'm doing) Thanks again for your help.

No it started as balistic FTE (field tactical edition) I just updated it and it turned to what I have now. It was 20 bucks I think when I first bought it. Im on an iPhone. It I think you can get it for other OS. I'll take a few screen shots tomorrow if you want

just found, 'ballistics advanced edition'. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can install it on a "HP-weBOS 3.0.5". Might have to get my 14 year old son to help me. Was wondering if you download such a program would it run independently with out WiFi or the like? I would like to be able to take the Pad into the field. Thanks again.

I would appreciate that. Hopefully in the next few days I can find one that works. By the way, I'm really glad I signed up for this site. Finding it very informative. And think it's going to be great fun. Thanks again

You can run it with out being connected, but you won't have the live weather updates. I have it on my iPhone And I'm able to input current wether conditions. It down loads the info from the closest weather station. It is accuret but I would check with wind with a wind meter due to all the variables that afect wind. I have used it out to 430 yards, both with factory loads with the factory load data that is pre-loaded and my hand loads.

Just looked on Amazon (Hand held weather station) and found a little hand held barometer, thermometer,compass and altimeter all for $34. Get that and learn the Beaufort scale, and I'll be my own walking weather station.
For little more more more money you can get every thing. But I guess everyone should a bit familiar with Beaufort scale. (Got to save money for ammo).
The big thing is not having to be wired to the sky.. Thanks again, captgoul

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.