100 or 200 Yard Zero???

Most rifles are going to be high from about 25 yds to your zero. And from 25 yards in it won't be lower than the height of your scope.
Shep
Ok Shep...let me reword it a bit...

When I was setting up my Night Vision rifles (7.62x39 and 6.5 Grendel)...they were 1" low at 50 yards an and so close to dead zero (maybe a 1/4" low...maybe) that I never bother t make an adjustment at 100 yards.

Plus I've done it before...when setting up a new scope...zero it at 50 and be way high at 100...

Remember your starting out 1.5" (a rough average) below line of sight...it takes a little ways before the bullet crosses line of sight...

Ok Shep...let me reword it a bit...

When I was setting up my Night Vision rifles (7.62x39 and 6.5 Grendel)...they were 1" low at 50 yards an and so close to dead zero (maybe a 1/4" low...maybe) that I never bother t make an adjustment at 100 yards.

Plus I've done it before...when setting up a new scope...zero it at 50 and be way high at 100...

Remember your starting out 1.5" (a rough average) below line of sight...it takes a little ways before the bullet crosses line of sight...

I had a friend that never quite figured that out, when "head shooting" pine grouse at close range with a .338 WM. He never contributed to the meal! ;) memtb

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.