IOR SCOPES

lefty15

I would like to know what you guys think of these scopes?
Other than some of the dialogue on this website, I am very unfamiliar with these scopes.
I was on the IOR website and the 4 x 14 x 50mm with a 30mm tube caught my eye and the price listed is $995.00.
Is this scope worth buying or should a guy look elsewhere.
Any help would be great.

I have 3 IOR scopes and am getting ready to buy another one when they come out with the new 3-18 model. I only have experience with the 6x multiplier scopes with the 35mm tubes not their standard version of scopes with the 30mm tubes. I love the MP-8 Reticle. The target dot in the center is really nice for close fast shots. I have the 2-12x35 on my M1A and shoot out to 1000 yards every month with it. I have a 1.5-8x26 on my 16" barreled AR-15 that you can use with both eyes open similar to a red dot but you still have an 8 power for zooming in on squirels. I just bought a 3-18x42 and even though it is not mounted yet on my 300 win mag I expect I will be just as happy with it as the two others I have. The glass is really clear, better than a Leupold. All the 35mm tube scopes comes with rings (TPS) that you choose the height and the 3-18 comes with a sunshade. I can not say enough about these scope and I have not had any issues with them at all.

Nope second plain..just like most other scopes,they used to be front but???
One interesting thing with the 6-24s is the MP-8 turns from a genII milldot to MOA spaceing if you set the power to 18x

To my knowledge the MP-8 is a ½ milldot design, meaning the hashes are ment to be ½ mill apart when the scope is set at 10x I believe? I just happened to stumble on the MOA thing while playing with power when I was viewing a 1" grid target.
107ior_mp8_reticle.jpg

Ok, I think I have it figured????

3.6"/Mil @10 divided by 1.8 (for 18X)= 2"/major hash mark.

1/2 the major hash mark would be 1" or about 1 MOA (for the half Mil mark).

That is a MAJOR feature. Should a second shot be needed the time would be reduced by not having to do the dialing if you desired.

It would take a bit of testing/calibration to get the 18X setting spot on, but I've done that sort of thing before.

Good find MachV /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nite - nite, don't let the bed bugs bite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Norm
The SH 3-18 is a different custom reticle and scope than what IOR normaly uses.
I like the differences and have 2 on order,time will tell if they work better than the other IORs?

Norm,

Welcome aboard.

Whoa, here. That is the ret I've been looking for.

10 clicks per mil is pretty fine but with that deep of a ret to play with all I'd have to do is switch my pocket pc balistics program to mils instead of MOA. Hmmmmmmmm.......

Good find. Thanks

Now I'm gonna hit the sack but probably will ponder you post a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Am I correct that IOR variable scopes are FFP???

[/ QUOTE ]
Most are SFP. Currently, the 2.5-10 illuminated is available in FFP and the SH version of the 3-18 will be FFP with a modified MP-8. This one will also have the 1/10 Mil clicks (roughly 1/3 MOA). I can't wait till mine gets here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yep, I was submitting reticle drawings and was pulling hard (without trying to be to obvious) for the small dividing increments at the ends before the thick lines. one will be showing up on my door step also.
Norm

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.