IOR scopes

Skimbleshanks

Whats up with these. They look good, have the features I'm looking for at a price I can actually afford this year, and apparently have good glass and solid adjustments. I just want to know how Long Range Hunting feels about them. The one I have my eye on (ha ha i have my eye on a scope, get it, yeah stupid joke) is the fixed power 6X42 tactical model. If anybody has used this scope or any of the IOR scopes I'd like to hear the good, bad or indifferent. As always any input is greatly appreciated.

I have a 3-18x42 FFP, MP8 reticle. I really like it.

It has 22mrads of adjustment in 2 turns on the big fat elevation knob, enough to get most anything to 1km within one turn, no getting lost on the dials. I have used it on a .22LR for LR-.22LR :D shooting at 300m and beyond, and on the 6.5-284 at 1350 and 1550m. Very handy.
Crisp clear class, yes i have 2 Zeiss Victory Diavaris to compare, and a Vortex Razor HD... The IOR gives up nothing to these, not much anyway. I is maybe not quite as bright as the 42mm Zeiss. But is has a less distorted image.
MP8 reticle looks crowded but works great.
Parallax adjustment works great, i find it easier to adjust than the other scopes

These are points that stand out from other scopes i guess, otherwise it is just a scope, accurate clicks, waterproof. I guess (?), never dived with it, but shot in "pour water of magazines rain several times.
I havent (and wont, i hope) tested how solid it is, but it looks and feels very solid, it is on the heavy side though.

K

Great glass, reliable adjustments, robust, all in all I give them a 95% out of 100. The only downfall I know of with them is that warranty work is tough due to out of the usa dealings. However I have never had to have any work done on mine.. I also have heard "second hand of course" that some of the 3-18 scopes were having some issues. Thats it though. I would buy one in a mad minute if I needed one. Go for it.

I have an IOR 6 x 42 Tactical MP8 reticle on my 375 Ruger

DSCN1862.jpg

DSCN1860.jpg

It has turrets with a resettable zero (be careful how you do it or PM me if you get the scope)

DSCN1663.jpg

DSCN1665.jpg

with a solid turret cap shown in the first pic.

It is long and not light since it is steel. The 6 x 42 hunting model is much lighter with an aluminum body and without turrets

The tactical is no longer listed so it may be discontinued so if you run across one with the MP8 reticle then that would be a find.

Quality is good and glass is clear but not too bright. But I haven't been hunting with it, only shooting at the bench for the last 6 months.

IMO the best 6x42 you can get until you get into the much higher priced S&B's, Zeiss's etc

Hey thanks everybody, especialy Woods. I have actualy fount a couple of the tactical models with the heavy steel tubes for a little under or a little over $600. just depands where I'm looking at the moment. I think Ill pick one up in a month or two. Maybe four as the holidays are coming up soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.