IOR HR-5 reticle

Alan Griffith

I've done as complete a search as I can with no luck.

Hoping to find someone who has/had one and their impressions of the IOR HR-5 reticle. I'm hoping to possibly obtain one in the IOR Valdada 2.5-10x42mm Hunting scope.

I'm thinking of mounting it on a 24" Rem 700 CDL SF Limited Edition in 260 Remington to be used for North American Big Game upto and including elk.

2.5-10x42mm Hunting Illuminated HR-5

Thanks,

Alan

Combining elements of the NATO MP-9 and MP-8 reticle, this is a dandy reticle if the illustration appeals to you. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Scott

HR5.jpg

Have not used this reticle but have used the heck outa the MP-8. Carried that 3-18 on a 12# gun around for a week, got a goat @ 453 and a mulie @ 620 with the 6.5-284. Both could have been taken just as easily with a lot lighter gun and scope, that 3-18 heavyweight is going on a doggin gun that dont get far from the truck!!!
Heck most of my shooting is done under 800 yards anyway so that reticle aught to work just fine. Personaly I've used the range estimating thing on the bottom of that scope a few times and find it to be of limited use....Good enough for close work but iffy due to size,age and angle variations of the target???
A great scope but???????That 2-10 is kinda spendy and @ a pound and a quarter it aint no lightweight either?? A guy could go with the tacticle and get the MP-8 and save three ounces?

You need to look through a scope with one in it. Many reticle diagrams are misleading as to how "heavy" the lines and dots are and as to how cluttered they appear when you are actually looking at something through the scope and not a blank white background.

I like an MP-8.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.