Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Yes, Steve how are the 338's coming? I am a little disappointed to read that we might have diminishing returns in the 338 Cal with the Absolute Hammer.. I have a 33 Nos that would love to kick a few out.
I also have a 33 nos!

Yes, Steve how are the 338's coming? I am a little disappointed to read that we might have diminishing returns in the 338 Cal with the Absolute Hammer.. I have a 33 Nos that would love to kick a few out.
I think we will see better returns from cartridges like the 338 wm and 33n. Been very busy here as of late and hunting season coming quickly, it may be a couple of months before we get back out and work with the 338's again.

Just loaded this one on the website. We ran this comfortably at 3420fps in a 264wm 7.5" twist.

Should be a good option nice case fill and I would think good velocity give it a whirl and let us know 4064 is not that popular any more dont know why always was a good powder

Thanks JMW67 and thats the plan.

I'm curious what it'll max out at. I've gone as far as 42.0gr of it with 140gr and 139gr bullets and no pressure signs, wondering how high it'll go with the Absolutes.

There isn't much load data out there with this powder anymore, so I'm thinking of starting at 41.0gr in 0.3 increments up to 43.8gr and see if I run in to any preasure issues.

Thanks again and stay safe

Just loaded this one on the website. We ran this comfortably at 3420fps in a 264wm 7.5" twist.
Ok, good. Now don't forget all of the load/cartridge data for posting!

For the 7mm-08?
Yes for 7-08, but hoping it will work with other rifles requiring faster powders to get max velocities with AH. Just got more mandrels today to try .003 and .004 neck tension in 6.5 & 7mm.

My main problems are getting round counts up on new barrels for 6.5 CM, 7-08, 264 wm and Sherman 7max, prior to wasting the AHs. Definitely going to try them in my 6.5 Sherman and 6.5 SS, as those barrels are ready to go.

Yes for 7-08, but hoping it will work with other rifles requiring faster powders to get max velocities with AH. Just got more mandrels today to try .003 and .004 neck tension in 6.5 & 7mm.

My main problems are getting round counts up on new barrels for 6.5 CM, 7-08, 264 wm and Sherman 7max, prior to wasting the AHs. Definitely going to try them in my 6.5 Sherman and 6.5 SS, as those barrels are ready to go.

If you have between 50 and 100 rounds your barrel is already broken, down the road you'll just pick up some more speed unless you want to get past that first before trying them out.

I'll be trying them on the 7mm-08 this weekend, I'll let you know what I come up with.

Stay safe

I use fireforming rounds to break-in barrels and monitor when the barrel speed levels out. Then I go to load work-up with consistent barrel and brass.

I've had barrels settle at 60 rds and others at 150 rds, or somewhere between. I segregate 150 cases for each new barrel, so now I fireform them all and get it over with.

I shoot every shot at the range over a LabRadar, so it's easy to tell when barrel settles. Have to watch temperature though.

From the good information on this thread, I decided to get solid loads using Berger and Sierra cup & core bullets. I think it will give me a better idea on powders and velocity to look for with the AH. The info is coming in daily from shooters and I'm seeing some great results and possibilities. Keep them coming.

Shot a few ladders with the 109 AH in 6.5 Grendel the past couple days. Powders I tried, listed slowest to fastest. I'll list the fastest speed I got for each powder, before either running out of case space or seeing pressure signs. I kept my max OAL to 2.265" or under due to max length allowed by magazine.

6.5 Grendel Barrel 16" ULTRAlite barrel in AR-15.

H4895
2522 FPS (29.0 Gr, compressed, light pressure signs, potential for good groups, ladder was spread over 2.5" @ 100y)

Power Pro Varmint
2598 FPS (31.6 Gr, compressed, light pressure signs, potential for good groups, ladder was spread over 2.0" @ 100y)

Benchmark
2661 FPS (30.0 Gr, compressed, medium pressure signs, terrible group, ladder was spread over 5" @ 100y)

H322
2628 FPS (29.6 Gr, compressed, light pressure signs, potential for really good groups, ladder was spread over 1.5" @ 100y)

IMR 4198
2645 FPS (25.8 Gr, compressed, no pressure signs, potential for really good groups, ladder was spread over 1.5" @ 100y)

Speeds I'm seeing aren't crazy, definitely hindered by the 16" barrel. Most of the 6.5 Grendel load data out there is for 24" barrels. But I'm seeing some good velocity nodes and potential for tight groups. I'm going to load for groups with the H322...it had the best velocity node and tighter group around 2600 fps. Also is temp stable.

Shot a few ladders with the 109 AH in 6.5 Grendel the past couple days. Powders I tried, listed slowest to fastest. I'll list the fastest speed I got for each powder, before either running out of case space or seeing pressure signs. I kept my max OAL to 2.265" or under due to max length allowed by magazine.

6.5 Grendel Barrel 16" ULTRAlite barrel in AR-15.

H4895
2522 FPS (29.0 Gr, compressed, light pressure signs, potential for good groups, ladder was spread over 2.5" @ 100y)

Power Pro Varmint
2598 FPS (31.6 Gr, compressed, light pressure signs, potential for good groups, ladder was spread over 2.0" @ 100y)

Benchmark
2661 FPS (30.0 Gr, compressed, medium pressure signs, terrible group, ladder was spread over 5" @ 100y)

H322
2628 FPS (29.6 Gr, compressed, light pressure signs, potential for really good groups, ladder was spread over 1.5" @ 100y)

IMR 4198
2645 FPS (25.8 Gr, compressed, no pressure signs, potential for really good groups, ladder was spread over 1.5" @ 100y)

Speeds I'm seeing aren't crazy, definitely hindered by the 16" barrel. Most of the 6.5 Grendel load data out there is for 24" barrels. But I'm seeing some good velocity nodes and potential for tight groups. I'm going to load for groups with the H322...it had the best velocity node and tighter group around 2600 fps. Also is temp stable.
I see you were compressed on every one, even the 4198. I wonder what something like CFE BLK would do. Might be too fast and not good case full due to being a very fine ball powder.
This load data was done in a 16" AA upper according to Lyman.
Screenshot_20201007-173301_Kindle.jpg
Screenshot_20201007-172724_Kindle.jpg