Interchangeable Suppressor/Muzzle Brake?

Funny you mention an M-40 for a couple reasons. 1, I never got to fire one while deployed. It was introduced as I was rotating back to the World in March 1967. ( I used the fine Win. Mod. 70 In 30/06) 2, I am in the process of getting a Remington version of one In 300 win. Mag. ready to shoot. We both had the best jobs in the Marine Corps. Yours was far more detailed than mine for sure. Both were important in their respective descriptions.

Just a quick Hint for you. M40A6 (Or A7 depending on who you ask) in 338LM would easily accept 300 Win Mag.

Sneak Peek - USMC M40A6 Prototype - Soldier Systems Daily

In fact 1 or 2 might exist in such a configuration.

Just a quick Hint for you. M40A6 (Or A7 depending on who you ask) in 338LM would easily accept 300 Win Mag.

Sneak Peek - USMC M40A6 Prototype - Soldier Systems Daily

In fact 1 or 2 might exist in such a configuration.

Too high tech. for an old school Marine. We did pretty good with the M-70 in those days. An 8x Unertl was what we used on a sporter stocked 24"HB Win. Mod. 70, Accurised by our Armorer.( I have one today.)

All my scopes are SFP and MOA. It is all what you are comfortable with i suppose. I got out before the MilDot scopes were used. Don't completely understand it. I prefer a SFP with MOA as it is easier for me.

300 Win. is all I want to feed. 338 and BMG are powder Hogs. I have shot just about everything out there and settled on the 300 for my wants. It is really more than I need.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.