Input on RRA Predator Pursuit 20" upper.

TheBlackMambaXD

So my story goes as this. I've decided to go ahead and build myself an AR15. I already bought a Spikes tactical lower with enhanced kit and a magpul acs-l stock. So far so good. My only hang up is what to do for an upper. I really like the RRA predator pursuit in 20, and that's what I had wanted to do for a long time. Now I'm having a few doubts. Namely is a 20" extra thick barrel going to be quite heavy, and is it worth it to have a 20 barrel for extra velocity. Originally my P.O.U was a medium to long range Varmit gun, but it seems guys do 600 yd shots with 16" barrels all the time. So is having a lite extra weight and a little extra velocity justified. If I don't do the RRA predator 20" barrel I'll do same model in 16". Thanks in advance.

It'll do fine as a varminter but I'd probably go with a standard profile barrel for yote's. Dunno, even with a 16" barrel an AR is a fine weapon out to 300 yards, though. If you're strong enough that's a good upper, I don't mind PSA for uppers though for a much lower price.

]The rra predator hbar is just a little bonus. I like rra and the predator was one of just a few 20" ss uppers. Only other being the varmiter, which has a heavier barrel than the predator. I think I'll go with the 20". I've heard from a few sources that 16 is great to 300, but a 20" is better past that. I know 5.56 is not the best long range round, but a higher margin of longer distance shots I can take is worth 4 extra inches of steel. Thanks, maybe this will help someone else.

For what your using it for I would do a 20. I run a 16 and my brother runs 20 and I would lime the 20 for hunting and steel banging. Ares are palmetto uppers and both shoot very tight groups. Very pleased with my rra uppers also can't go wrong either way.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.