Inherent accuracy for 7MM SAUM vs. 7MM Rem Mag

If you ever have watched pressure testing in barrels you know volume isn't volume and pressure isn't just pressure, there a lot more going on in there than that. When you can take two of the same cases and change one but keep the volume the same and you see how it changes the pressure curve and burn rate of the same powder and you have to change the load that says something is going on with design more than just volume and pressure!!
I am willing to learn. If the volume is the same how can the pressure change? I feel this is a bit baited. Same volume but different dimensions?

I am willing to learn. If the volume is the same how can the pressure change? I feel this is a bit baited. Same volume but different dimensions?
Pressure is not a single event, there is how fast the pressure comes up, peek pressure, pressure under the curve which is duration at the top then how it trails of.

If you change any one of those components we call pressure you change the effects.

And none of that makes a cartridge accurate, inherent or otherwise... a loaded metallic cartridge sitting in a box CANT be accurate. It can't be anything without a whole bunch of other components and events happening... that's my point. To say a caliber is accurate is *Rule 4 Violation* retarded.
Then I guess you should listen to yourself

If you ever have watched pressure testing in barrels you know volume isn't volume and pressure isn't just pressure, there a lot more going on in there than that. When you can take two of the same cases and change one but keep the volume the same and you see how it changes the pressure curve and burn rate of the same powder and you have to change the load that says something is going on with design more than just volume and pressure!!
You have one on me. I do not have access to a lab with pressure barrels. What I said was a generalization. Common knowledge that the short fats are more efficient. Accuracy? The ability for consistency. The ppc,s proved that. For a common man or hunter to see the difference is negligible. Put a 300 win mag with a taCTICAL CHAMBER AGAINST A 300WSM with a comparable chamber. Could a sniper see a difference? Doubtful.

You have one on me. I do not have access to a lab with pressure barrels. What I said was a generalization. Common knowledge that the short fats are more efficient. Accuracy? The ability for consistency. The ppc,s proved that. For a common man or hunter to see the difference is negligible. Put a 300 win mag with a taCTICAL CHAMBER AGAINST A 300WSM with a comparable chamber. Could a sniper see a difference? Doubtful.
By the way. Big N Green . Do you work for Remington?

I have an old browning 7 mag that I loaded with 160 partitions and 70 of R25. ES of 4. Pretty hard tuning

I have a 280AI and the first handloads that I shot in it were 4 groups of 3 shots with R26, Fed 210M primers, 160gr AB
59.5/60.0/60.5/61.0grs
My 60.5gr load shot a cloverleaf group and an ES of 2 FPS, 3030/3031/3030,
I thought wow maybe it's a fluke so I loaded up a bunch more,
1st group-3031-3032/3032
2nd group-3031/3030/3030
3rd group-3030/3031/3030

So any cartridge can be easy to tune, and I'm pretty much a rookie hand loader,
Full length resize once fire Nosler brass
Trim to length
Chamfer/prime
Powder and bullets loaded to 3.330"

presto were good to go hunting !

I have a 280AI and the first handloads that I shot in it were 4 groups of 3 shots with R26, Fed 210M primers, 160gr AB
59.5/60.0/60.5/61.0grs
My 60.5gr load shot a cloverleaf group and an ES of 2 FPS, 3030/3031/3030,
I thought wow maybe it's a fluke so I loaded up a bunch more,
1st group-3031-3032/3032
2nd group-3031/3030/3030
3rd group-3030/3031/3030

So any cartridge can be easy to tune, and I'm pretty much a rookie hand loader,
Full length resize once fire Nosler brass
Trim to length
Chamfer/prime
Powder and bullets loaded to 3.330"
Happy for you.That is awesome!!! Maybe you have been following. Arguments about design and Cartridges. Some people get really proud of themselves.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts