Inherent accuracy for 7MM SAUM vs. 7MM Rem Mag

I will add one thing. For deer I think the accubonds are fine. But if you are after elk I want to suggest Partitions. Always open but penetrate far.

yes Partitions maybe a touch tougher, shot them in my 7mm Weatherby for years, many 1 shot kills, if I go Elk hunting I usually take the 300 Weatherby and 180gr ttsx but this year I'm going to try my 300 PRC !

You have one on me. I do not have access to a lab with pressure barrels. What I said was a generalization. Common knowledge that the short fats are more efficient. Accuracy? The ability for consistency. The ppc,s proved that. For a common man or hunter to see the difference is negligible. Put a 300 win mag with a taCTICAL CHAMBER AGAINST A 300WSM with a comparable chamber. Could a sniper see a difference? Doubtful.

It takes a lot to see some of the effects BUT this is a long range forum not just a hunting forum and a long range hunting rifle just does not need accuracy but also cold bore precision, IMO every thing comes into play from many levels of shooting. Many of us shoot much farther than 1000 yards in prep for what ever hunting situation we are in and there is something to learn every couple hundred yards past 1000 that you didn't see closer.

Last edited:
Same but different. My recipe is 200 nosler partitions in the 300weatherby. One direction. Down:) The big thirty is way more gun than your 280. In the roy try Norma 217. I have a 27 inch lilja and with the 200 partition it is 3130. With Remington cases I use 89gr. In weatherby cases you will need more I think but start there. I use a electric razor to settle the powder. The case is full.

It takes a lot to see some of the effects BUT this is a long range forum not just a hunting forum and a long range hunting rifle just does not need accuracy but also cold bore precision, IMO every thing comes into play from many levels of shooting. Many of us shoot much farther than 1000 yards in prep for what ever hunting situation we are in and there is something to learn every couple hundred yards past 1000 that you didn't see closer.
You are right and I can,t argue.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.