ingredients for success

here's an updated photo of the complete setup

Picture002.jpg

Looks really good all dressed out now. You've had it a couple of months...any range reports?

sure. I've shot 2 matches so far, and did not place last (my goal fo rstarting out) . I'm really not concerned about shooting short range groups with this rifle, using it to shoot the local long range matches, which are a torso and head target, from 200-1k, 50 shots in a match. At this point, I'm losing more points from screwups than accuracy issues. I

Thanks for responding. Looks like you exceeded your goal and before we know it we'll be hearing that you've placed 1st in a few of those. Take care.

Thanks for responding. Looks like you exceeded your goal and before we know it we'll be hearing that you've placed 1st in a few of those. Take care.

Its been about 18 months since I got the rifle,1600 rounds fired, mostly in matches. In this time I have learned a lot from fellow shooters. There are so many top notch shooters here, its been a great place to shoot and learn.

Yesterday it all came together and I was the over all match winner at our local high power monthly match.

Over forty shooters in several classes competed in the folsom special, pair firing at 300, 500, 600, & 800 yards, 2 convertible sighters and 10 for record at each line. We had vintage, ftr, f-open, high power and a new tactical class.

I scored 400-36x with favorable conditions. It was a good day to rack up a high score, with light head winds which is uncommon for sac valley.,

Congratulations on the win! The rifle turned out well. My next project is going to be nearly identical. Jesse.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts