In the Ear? Really???

image.png
Don, I had this go through earlier but have not seen it while sitting.

A friend, (Yes djones I have friends) sent me the following picture of the perfect way to hunt hogs. What he didn't send was the contact info so i could order one and see if they would take payments of $4.00 per month for the rest of my life! Hell at my age, my dependents are going to make out like crazy! Not only that, but could make the $4.00 by mowing lawns while I'm looking for hogs!

Anyway, got to figure out how to get my hands on one!
Lawn Mower.JPG

So far everyone is playing nice, but djones hasn't raised his head since I posted I would be monitoring!

Anyway, good night!
41149-a432c823d5071b98b3691a8c1814bc84.jpg

Maybe we can change the name of the thread to Hogs and Cats,,, purhaps we can squize Badgers into this mix. Ha

We have a few roddet Hogs in our Western Province that accidently got released about 20+ years ago,,, but they never really took off since they compete with lots of the other furry critters up here. That and local land owners pound-ed them pretty hard a few years ago,,, wild Hogs are not native up here,,, -30 is hard on them little lone the 21 days of -36 cto -40c... If it dosen't come with a fir coat,,, its chances of surviving is tuff going in the North.

Don't get me right or wrong,,, but heavy snow pack and cold temps for 3 to 5 months is tuff going on everything,,, the taller the critter the better chances they have at surviving since they can nibble on left over willow nubs or left over Berrys that the birds didn't get.

Tuff sledding in a frozen planet,,, they say spring is around the corner,,, August can come soon enough. LOL

Maybe we can change the name of the thread to Hogs and Cats,,, purhaps we can squize Badgers into this mix. Ha

If it dosen't come with a fir coat,,, its chances of surviving is tuff going in the West

On down the List in forums, they have a varmint section for the Cats and Badgers!

Also, the above statement about "if it doesn't come with fur coat".....Also applies to most of the women in the Hollywood area!

Just checking in, is past midnight here! Going to crash so have a good one! Am here mainly for support!

Yuppers,,, if it comes with Fuzzy ears,,, it gets a blast of energy in my books,,, lots of folks don't eat cats,,, but they are some tasty.

They start off like a real light pork loin and come out after cooked like a real light tan colour roast beef.

Yum Yum fore sure.

Elk are like butter up in our parts,,, cats are the softest butter butter of all.

The least amount of parasites in all wild critters is Cats,,, must be something to do with linking them selves all the time,,, Ha.

I bet this makes the girl friends nervous. Ha

ok now THAT'S creepy. someone needs to check your freezer for human heads!

Why, djones, you looking for another head? I can see from your pictures why, and I would say just offhand that yours is not only ugly, but about as small as they come! There is another line there, but just going to let it ride since LRH is monitoring! Keep it up and pretty soon you'll get promoted to Cretin!

didn't see any way to edit thread title to cats or i would have. not sure y pack of sacks thinks he gets a vote in the matter...

Nope, you're right! I don't have a say in the title, but then again, neither do you anymore!

ok, djones, you win

BTW, even though you keep posting this, it's time you realized that this is null and void, since I didn't think I was going to have access to a computer! Since I do, complimentary in my Hotel room, it is no longer applicable! YOU LOSE!

Got in late after Restaurant closed tonight so ordered a BLT, Fries and a Pepsi from room service. Bill was $27.00! Figured it was going to be kind of expensive, but sandwich was small, with 3 small pieces of Bacon, got about 8 french fries and the Pepsi came in a can! Darn, I've been in the wrong business all these years! Even though I'm not paying for it, I was surprised that the Bellhop or whomever delivered it, wasn't wearing a mask and holding a gun! Now I know how they can afford to put a computer in every room! Glad I didn't order a steak, could have bought a new car for what that would have cost!

Glad to see everyone posting pictures, including DJ! I think he must have followed up on my suggestion that he consider a Punt gun from the number of hogs he posted. Know he didn't shoot the little ones by himself, since he can't usually hit the big ones. Anyway, nice group of mid sized hogs there! AND since i know he doesn't eat the hogs he shoots, or at least most of them, doesn't believe that people actually eat Javelina, can see where he would be a non-believer in eating Cats of various types.

Have never eaten one myself, depending on your definition, but have heard that some wild cats of various types are good eating.

Exhausted, so good night!

If you have a good rest, and not trying to snipe them from 1k, you can put them down in there tracks with no squealing with a 223. I did Saturday night, 80 and 100 yds using a Caldwell field pod, Bushmaster AR-15, using a Sightmark Photon 6x50, sitting in my hay meadow with a baited area. Each shot was head base of the neck, dropped immediately, I figured as soon as I shot the first one they would scatter like quail, but they continued to feeding, decided to shoot a second one that walked up to the first one shot, same place dropped immediately. I watched as another one started acting nervous, figured they would bust any second, nope she just smelled the two that were down, jogged a little ways and started hunting acorns, so, shot her same place as the others and down she went. At this point, there was one left over and 15 piglets, I just wasn't going to shoot the piglets and did not want to shoot the lone sow. After watching for a while I couldn't believe they we're still meandering around, the piglets were eating the bait and nursing one of the dead sows. It was getting late and decided to scare them off, walked up to the batch of piglets about 10yds away, with a white light on them, the sow was about 40yds away not paying any attention, I sort of whistled at them the piglets stopped eating, head up and started to grunt a little and immediately it sounded like a bear running towards me huffing, limbs breaking, I threw the light on her she stopped 20yds away with the piglets gathered around her and I shot in front of her sending mud and leaves in her face, she took off with the piglets, huffing the whole time, she sort of meander around huffing for a few minutes about 100yds away bedobe I heard the brush popping as they made it through the woods.. IMG_20190316_215039266.jpg IMG_20190316_215322282.jpg IMG_20190316_215149184.jpg

good story. i believed it cept for the 223 part and not shooting the piglets.

pee sack... dint i see you jonesing for a tactical lawnmower? when you get it, make sure to try out the tactical obstacle course.

good story. i believed it cept for the 223 part and not shooting the piglets.

pee sack... dint i see you jonesing for a tactical lawnmower? when you get it, make sure to try out the tactical obstacle course.

Ha, okay if you don't, I will have to retrieve the video from the scope and post it. All it takes is a well placed shot, no need to bring out the 300 WM, people kill them all time with stick and string even a knife.

Or even a Machete, so he claims!

Got a break waiting for labs to come back, Maybe tomorrow morning on the labs. Came back here and what is DJ doing but hassling some poor guy that doesn't know that a .223 is a *** round! Leave him alone DJ, he doesn't know any better!

Going to dinner, BBL

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.