In the Ear? Really???

I checked the freezer and the piggy is definitely dead. I checked a couple pix and it's definitely my Mini 14. I know I haven't been here long, but I've dumped more pigs with a 5.56 Barnes than I can count so I gotta disagree a little. I'm gonna say shot placement has something to do with it. The first was pig moving at about 150 as I remember. The second pic was 180 on a standing pig. I don't remember exactly but it was probably less than 100 yds.View attachment 125268 View attachment 125269 View attachment 125270

Proof that DJ is wrong about a few things!

Welcome to the thread!

Ahh! Texas! That explains why you can't kill anything with a 5.56. You guys barely know which end of the gun that faces forward. I get it now,,,,, If you point the pointy end away from you and look through the little tube on top it works pretty good. If things seem really small then you have it backwards.
Ugly? I'll take that as a compliment. Most say I'm old, fat and ugly. No matter really, it's who brings home the bacon so to speak!
Red Mountain, thats the name of this big 'ol hill behind me. It' probably 15 air-miles east of San Jose, and the same west of Modesto in the Peoples Republic of Cali-funky-fornia. There's not much you can say about this state that bothers me and the only good thing that comes to mind right now is that I can walk 10 minutes from the house and shoot piggies, deer, cats and coyotes, turkeys and deer. The last buck I shot was off the front porch in my slippers and a T-shirt. Yep, CA. sucks but the hunting is great

Attachments

• HUNT0006.JPG
    HUNT0006.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • HUNT0129.JPG
    HUNT0129.JPG
    859 KB · Views: 70
  • HUNT0492.JPG
    HUNT0492.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
not hardly. pix ain't pruf a hog was kilt with a 223. not even a cpl pix of freezer burnt leftovers are gonna gonna cut it. that requires vid!

johnboy i'm glad u came along win u did. i hereby pass the p-ratt baton over to you. givemhell johnboy!!

oh yea, forgot to mention.. there may be consequences for posting selfie pics. ratt_pakk has a collection that he pshops us good standing members into. he has some trash on me and blackmailed me into posting it for him.

and when he sez "...neither DJ or I use..." let me assure you then the names ratt_pakk and dj NEVER belong in the same sentence together. he throws my name around in desperate hopes it will help him score with the ladies.

i won't be able to hunt for while. johnboy... you're in charge. keep an eye on scram. while we don't have positive id pics of him, we suspect we have one him on game cam

kQeDEycmDaYZA4_Yv6tU8fEwk0B5sPi8H2AW6B82jWJU2oDwMYzE8c_Nm4qW1dxInWl4c3vddNRf8XqPqbOk3mglDzREutMbReMxhruABG3uRCKMCOTw3TpmmwgVm8MsT437lprm6iUHVjnYGRVWe3zUMDzLsLBdMQI06YrtG80HQ5UJhX-8ef11qPl3fhvOa9QSM54lPaNnvWFUgvE5_UZXEIKFeEEfROqKKn9hFWMkNDBNyIGibryPSeOfzyt64Ydl7YEjtZwQU49cEe_yYdpIkjVKagxjDV6_pTduvdpNXy7RV3W08ZTDz8KpXLxOnMlvLO3OAyNm7nNNSgyozyXwjBn1NoHhG_EUiRlRJbmTffEz1hZHHwr38ff7btxev_zTzka185Nf5_F3VkE1h2fE9zBNS9vaeYIKG-2uvRxZBZHLpaMkX7DUrpE52YMPAU14_FDkCO1b1zvKsHL7LlmzLWxzCEHWIXeXnVPdfgVGwcFloy82eAi9t481b8uiDDRw4oPY_7Fd3kklj012P4afQV-3HKeIWppszNAiMMer22SjkLYFsHm5sGBRMDSRzy51MdczQlwujy7NNEUGfm3h1AXN2Hr3nxhdLFVNrXXpLwV4ELTeRb5PQaLahcsgRXnbQ-Q63vE2HHeP3JDRMVPUX9DwjFw=w800-h600-no

Ahh! Texas! That explains why you can't kill anything with a 5.56. You guys barely know which end of the gun that faces forward. I get it now,,,,, If you point the pointy end away from you and look through the little tube on top it works pretty good. If things seem really small then you have it backwards.

Darn it DJ, the only photo's I Photo Shop are the one showing you with dead hogs and I wouldn't even post these if you weren't paying me to do it! I mean a retiree has to make a buck however he can in order to save up for new toys!

As far as John, he's got enough problems just living where he does, so have been going easy on him! As far as scoring with the ladies, I have a good one so don't need to score, unlike someone with the initials DJ that needs all the help he can get. The last time I saw a face like his, it was on a giraffe!

And as far as the quote above, I have to agree about Texans! Fortunately I live in Arizona where open carry is the law and we learn early how to shoot and which end the bullet comes out of! Really surprised DJ knows how to shoot, but then, if he could shoot as good as he wants to be portrayed, he wouldn't have me Photo Shopping, by his own admission, all those pictures and have me stealing video's from one of the other sites and sending them to him. That's the trash I have on him!

Been really busy and is going to continue the rest of the day, but will be back later tonight! Suck it up DJ, I will return.
41149-a432c823d5071b98b3691a8c1814bc84.jpg

Short range shooting isn't as impressive as Long Range Shooting, but I sure hit the target more often!

Last edited:
Really surprised I didn't get any derogatory comments on my last post, but suppose everyone is as busy as I am.

Am restoring two old Win. Model 12, 20 gauge shotguns that my Brother sent and they are only wanted as wall hangers for my nieces. Both had been heavily modified, with shortened barrels, Chokes, etc., so collector value was nebulous, so am restoring them to as close as original as possible. My brother took them to an antiques arms dealer and was offered $100.00 ea., so anything I do, won't destroy any collector value in them. I was told, "Just make them pretty for the girls". OHHKAAY! Still doesn't feel right!

John@redmt. I really sympathize with your plight, owning a gun in California. Not like the Old days, growing up in Orange County, south of LA and shooting rabbits in the fields of produce around what is now John Wayne Airport. Used to ride the bus with my .22 and no one even thought twice about it, and more than once traded a rabbit or 2 for my bus fare to the driver.

Bonanza Airlines, now defunct, used to fly about 80-100' over the house in landing and one day, we were sitting at the dinner table, dad had just finished the paper and he commented that he had read that one of the planes had landed with a arrow embedded between two gas tanks in the wing. Since we were the only kids in the neighborhood with a Bow and arrows, he only commented that he hoped he'd never see another article in the paper like that again and then gave us that look that told us we'd better not do it again! I didn't do it, but surmised that my next oldest brother had been the one to shoot it. He never did confirm that he was the one that shot it.

When i left to wander the world in the Army for a number of years, I came home once and couldn't stand the place. Anyway, the past is gone and the with cesspool you're now living in, you have my sympathy!

Got to go, so will check back later!
41149-a432c823d5071b98b3691a8c1814bc84.jpg

"All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms." Diane Feinstein, Democrat. California, 2018

Yes, if I had to live down amongst them, I would shoot them. As it is I won't see anybody I don't know for weeks at a time. The nearest stop sign is an hour away. Nearest neighbor around 2 miles.

Attachments

• org_7aaf6f5fd696defa_1540754144000.jpg
    org_7aaf6f5fd696defa_1540754144000.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts