• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

IN STOCK ALERT: Large Rifle Magnum Primers Federal

Does anyone really think Pirces will go back to normal? What is Normal?
Right now if you have powder/primers and sell them-you probably need to sell at todays price and hope to get them replaced at the same price. Probably not going to happen the way prices are increasing and the availability of powder/primers!
Yes, I do believe primer and powder prices will go down some. Maybe not for another year or two, and maybe not to past norms, but certainly down from in here.

The reason I believe this is outlined in my post on the history of inflation
in the politics and guns section of LRH.

Inflation has been running 8 to 9 percent. The FED has raised rates every month for 3 months at 0.75 %
Mortgages have now gone from 2.5% to 7%. The Fed got way behind the curve. Now they are playing catch up and appear determined. Do not confuse the Fed w Biden etal......2 different outfits. Biden etal are still fueling inflation spending like drunks.

Inflation Reduction Act--Ha!

The Fed though is going to crush inflation or die trying. Picture it this way. Biden is pressing the accelerator. More gas (just not fossil fuel).....The Fed is punching down hard on the brakes, and the car (the economy) is rocking and bucking like a spotted Jackass w a saddle.......witness the stock market.....

The Fed will eventually win this battle w consequences...... the car will crash, ie, the economy crashes in recession. It will stall out from braking while petal to the metal.

Rates on mortgages may go to 10 % or more. When did you last see that?

Financial assets will be hammered.
Folks will cut back and not spend, not on powder or primers.

New primer supply is also coming.
That, imports, and a recession will eventually cause primer and powder prices to pay attention. The cure for high prices is high prices.

It will take another year to reign in 8 or 9% inflation to something below 3%. Maybe 2, but it will get there.
Demand will really shrink if we have Putin use tactical nukes or China invades Taiwan. In that case look for Dow Jones below 20,000.

I cant imagine powder and primers
staying where they are in a higher interest rate environment, but Putin and Xi could be the wildcards.

Otherwise, high rates, recession, new supply, imports, and substitutes will regulate prices back down in a year or so.

My 2 cents

What is the difference between match primers and non-match ones?
They're softer and have smaller deviations in Fps and grouping. And are more consistent you don't really get misfires. Some people just stick with regular but in order for me to have truly match grade bullets I need to use match primers.

They're softer and have smaller deviations in Fps and grouping. And are more consistent you don't really get misfires. Some people just stick with regular but in order for me to have truly match grade bullets I need to use match primers.
I have heard and may be wrong but that the only difference in match grade and regular primers is the employees they select to work on that line, supposed to have more experience and they take more time to exercise higher QC standards to manufacture them.....ie, no difference in components.....Main difference may be solely time spent on inspection and QC.

Which sounds like great marketing
to me..... if you know something different on specifics, I'd like to hear it.

What is the difference between match primers and non-match ones?
I spoke with a rep from CCI on the difference. In all reality Match and Magnum are the same. the Match Primers go through a more ridged QC Process than the regular primers. BUT CCI BR2 & BR4 go through HIGH Quality. That is the way they justify the PRICE.
You can Google it of call CCI.

I spoke with a rep from CCI on the difference. In all reality Match and Magnum are the same. the Match Primers go through a more ridged QC Process than the regular primers. BUT CCI BR2 & BR4 go through HIGH Quality. That is the way they justify the PRICE.
Yep, this is what I had heard too.

Ive heard the same. Just to make people pay higher price. But apparently on some larger calibers it makes a difference. I have no idea in all honesty. Never done the tests myself, if it were my ammo would be using regular, especially these days.

Yes, I do believe primer and powder prices will go down some. Maybe not for another year or two, and maybe not to past norms, but certainly down from in here.

The reason I believe this is outlined in my post on the history of inflation
in the politics and guns section of LRH.

Inflation has been running 8 to 9 percent. The FED has raised rates every month for 3 months at 0.75 %
Mortgages have now gone from 2.5% to 7%. The Fed got way behind the curve. Now they are playing catch up and appear determined. Do not confuse the Fed w Biden etal......2 different outfits. Biden etal are still fueling inflation spending like drunks.

Inflation Reduction Act--Ha!

The Fed though is going to crush inflation or die trying. Picture it this way. Biden is pressing the accelerator. More gas (just not fossil fuel).....The Fed is punching down hard on the brakes, and the car (the economy) is rocking and bucking like a spotted Jackass w a saddle.......witness the stock market.....

The Fed will eventually win this battle w consequences...... the car will crash, ie, the economy crashes in recession. It will stall out from braking while petal to the metal.

Rates on mortgages may go to 10 % or more. When did you last see that?

Financial assets will be hammered.
Folks will cut back and not spend, not on powder or primers.

New primer supply is also coming.
That, imports, and a recession will eventually cause primer and powder prices to pay attention. The cure for high prices is high prices.

It will take another year to reign in 8 or 9% inflation to something below 3%. Maybe 2, but it will get there.
Demand will really shrink if we have Putin use tactical nukes or China invades Taiwan. In that case look for Dow Jones below 20,000.

I cant imagine powder and primers
staying where they are in a higher interest rate environment, but Putin and Xi could be the wildcards.

Otherwise, high rates, recession, new supply, imports, and substitutes will regulate prices back down in a year or so.

My 2
Spot on!!! I've been sitting here for a while thinking of what to add to this, and Coyote Shadow Tracker's post, and came to the conclusion that it would wind up being a book. So, instead, I'll give you my history, and you make of it what you will. I do not want to suffer the liability of giving financial advice, so don't treat it as such. It is just what I have done.

After a year of Biden economics, I could no longer take the volatility of the market, and went totally to cash. It was the only way I knew to stop the bleeding. I'm 78 years old, and have no way to rebuild an account. They can only grow by interest, dividends and an increase in value. So I sold everything to preserve what I had. Now that the market has shown a direction, I am back in it. But I have joined, what I call, the dark side. These are ETFs that invest in short funds. I will give a word of advice, as my broker said, they are not long-term investments. I have to watch them and all the news to be aware of when to dump them.

They're not for everyone, but for me, right now, they are working.

I have heard and may be wrong but that the only difference in match grade and regular primers is the employees they select to work on that line, supposed to have more experience and they take more time to exercise higher QC standards to manufacture them.....ie, no difference in components.....Main difference may be solely time spent on inspection and QC.

Which sounds like great marketing
to me..... if you know something different on specifics, I'd like to hear it.

This is exactly what I was told by Federal and CCI. I use a lot of Federal GM215M primers. When the supply dried up a few years ago, I was asking my smiths about options. I was told by several highly competent shooters/builders that you will not see the difference (on the targets) when switching to the standard 215 primers. I found that to be true, but switched back to GM215M primers when they became available again.

Recent Posts