• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

IN STOCK ALERT: Large Rifle Magnum Primers Federal

As our 401 plans struggle hmmmmm!!
Hunting, Shooting, Outdoor Hobbies are all suffering from no disposal income. Just think all the money that is spent by Hunters for Hunting Trips and the money that trickles down in the economy.
Our IRA and 401k were doing GREAT with Trump in office. We made more money every month than Jill's salary. Then it still continued up to December 2021, but not much gains.
Come Jan 2022 we started loosing more money every month than Jill made. She was supposed to retire May 2022. Needless to say she still has to work - we lost several hundred thousand $s the first six month of 2022 and it is still draining... You might say my last 10 years that I worked and saved disappeared with Brandon, Congress, the Senate.
We spent a small fortune renovating our business the end of 2020 and 2021. Needed to take more money out of IRA to finish in 2022. CAN'T-don't have it with a ruined economy, inflation.
There are so many stories just like Jill and I.
Just can't see how our Country is going to rebound. Even if all the Trump policies were put back in place today-it would take many years to reverse the damage that Brandon caused.. We are in the WORST financial position ever in our lives. We still feel BLESSED compared to what most families are going through.
People voted for what is happening today and only people can make the change to put us on another path.
God Help all of us
I hope powder/primer prices come down and more availability. It is turning into a rich person's sport!

Hunting, Shooting, Outdoor Hobbies are all suffering from no disposal income. Just think all the money that is spent by Hunters for Hunting Trips and the money that trickles down in the economy.
Our IRA and 401k were doing GREAT with Trump in office. We made more money every month than Jill's salary. Then it still continued up to December 2021, but not much gains.
Come Jan 2022 we started loosing more money every month than Jill made. She was supposed to retire May 2022. Needless to say she still has to work - we lost several hundred thousand $s the first six month of 2022 and it is still draining... You might say my last 10 years that I worked and saved disappeared with Brandon, Congress, the Senate.
We spent a small fortune renovating our business the end of 2020 and 2021. Needed to take more money out of IRA to finish in 2022. CAN'T-don't have it with a ruined economy, inflation.
There are so many stories just like Jill and I.
Just can't see how our Country is going to rebound. Even if all the Trump policies were put back in place today-it would take many years to reverse the damage that Brandon caused.. We are in the WORST financial position ever in our lives. We still feel BLESSED compared to what most families are going through.
People voted for what is happening today and only people can make the change to put us on another path.
God Help all of us
I hope powder/primer prices come down and more availability. It is turning into a rich person's sport!
I have been through many ups and downs and kept steady through all of them. Even with the current market convulsions I'm still pretty far ahead. And when times like these come around there are good opportunities if you look. When the market crumbled when COVID hit- that was the point my son opened his IRA with TRowe Price. Now is another opportunity for him to purchase. So for some- this is a good time to get into say blue chip funds for long term investment.

Inflation pressures, as far as I'm concerned, were a direct result of cheap monetary policy coupled with ENORMOUS federal spending. That occurred across both administrations. ENORMOUS. Unfortunately in my career I had a front row seat to this bullsnot. The really, really smart kids thought it would be a great idea to pump excess cash into an environment where manufacturing came to a screeching halt. Too much money chasing too few goods.

This is a classic example of sheer stupidity at work. A self inflicted wound. I don't lay blame at any one 'party', since both are as much to blame as the other. I'm a textbook Independent. I hate them all.

Got all excited by the headline then I saw the price like everyone else.

This is what happens when 1 company owns all the primer makers.

Can't wait for the new plant in Texarkana to open, and flood the market.

In the meantime Republic Ammo and Zinc point have Ginex large rifle primers for $100-110/brick.

I'm testing them out right now.

Don't buy $175 primers. Wait if you can. This too shall pass.

Got all excited by the headline then I saw the price like everyone else.

This is what happens when 1 company owns all the primer makers.

Can't wait for the new plant in Texarkana to open, and flood the market.

In the meantime Republic Ammo and Zinc point have Ginex large rifle primers for $100-110/brick.

I'm testing them out right now.

Don't buy $175 primers. Wait if you can. This too shall pass.
Let us know how they work. I'm interested. But have to have match grade primers as I make competition rounds.

Let us know how they work. I'm interested. But have to have match grade primers as I make competition rounds.
Yes, well I'm not sure they would meet specs for match grade, but I am taking velocities for #34 CCI's vs. these Ginex and will report that.

They are a little stiffer to load especially in new unfired brass. I did note that. They have a harder cup or shell, and its nickel coated as I understand.

Yes, well I'm not sure they would meet specs for match grade, but I am taking velocities for #34 CCI's vs. these Ginex and will report that.

They are a little stiffer to load especially in new unfired brass. I did note that. They have a harder cup or shell, and its nickel coated as I understand.
Interesting. I might try some out.

When prices get somewhat normal, we need to remember the price gougers and don't do business with them.
Well sometimes like I said before people just pay their workers with that money. The company I work for on the side does that. We all got really expensive bills to pay and if they dont pay their workers more theyll just go work somewhere else

When prices get somewhat normal, we need to remember the price gougers and don't do business with them.
Does anyone really think Pirces will go back to normal? What is Normal?
Right now if you have powder/primers and sell them-you probably need to sell at todays price and hope to get them replaced at the same price. Probably not going to happen the way prices are increasing and the availability of powder/primers!

Right now if you have powder/primers and sell them-you probably need to sell at todays price and hope to get them replaced at the same price. Probably not going to happen the way prices are increasing and the availability of powder/primers!
I think prices will certainly go down, but like you said- what is normal? Remember the .22 crisis? I was gobsmacked at what people were paying for rimfire. Then the stocks went up, prices came down.

Same thing. Wash, rinse and repeat. Right now people are willing to pay pretty steep prices, but it won't last forever. We're seeing new entries into the market (primers/ammo) and increased competition will help matters.

Was at Able's today and magnum primers but not Large Rifle. They were $7.95 for a 100 pack.....that is what I call normal.

Recent Posts