IMR XBR8208

crkckr

If you're a user of this powder, which seems to have completely disappeared over the last few months (years?) there is hope! I emailed Hodgdon and asked specifically if it had been discontinued. Here is their reply:

"thank you for contactinig us. IMR 8208 has been in short supply for quite a while but we are hoping to produce another batch later this fall."

I'm not sure how much stock to put into but "hoping" but it's better than out of luck completely! Then again, Speer told me they were in full production of 10mm, 165gr Gold Dots a few months ago but I've not seen hide nor hair of the beast! I haven't given up completely but I'm not holding my breath, either! I just hope that when either one (powder or bullets) do show up they don't crank the prices up too much!
Cheers,
crkckr

I've been using BL-C 2 for many years and like it. I have as yet even see a can (bottle?) of 8208 in the wild, it's just one I want to try. AR-Comp is another I'd like to try but again, have yet to see any for sale in my area. I'm a consummate tinkerer and have a lot of powders suitable for the AR platform, the exception being the VV powders which seem to be way overpriced around here, so I've never tried them. I'm always looking for that extra 50 fps more or slightly better accuracy out of my rifles, so it's a never ending quest for me! Hey, it keeps me off the streets!
Cheers,
crkckr

thank you for contactinig us. IMR 8208 has been in short supply for quite a while but we are hoping to produce another batch later this fall."
Hodgdon has never produced a kernel of powder. They are at the mercy of the makers.