DuPont IMR 4320, IMR 4350, IMR4227

From looking over the reloading data it seems like the IMR 4350 powder is a very close match to the 4320. It is readily available and it is extremely accurate in my experience and my rifles from 22-250, 7mm Rem Mag, and 300 WM. If you're ever in a pinch it should work fine for most of the calibers that the 4320 works with. Overlapping calibers and similar uses may be why they discontinued it possibly in the first place.
IMR 4350 very Temp sensitivity. Be carefull.

IMR 4350 very Temp sensitivity. Be carefull.
It's .64 fps per degree. That's not really all that bad compared to a lot of other powders that are popular. If a reloader is careful with load development and doesn't max out a load in cooler temperatures it should not be a problem. Where I live we don't get the extreme heat that a lot of areas experience so it has not really affected my reloading in 40 plus years however I do try to load the more temperature stable powders when I can.
E84ABEF5-0C38-4F1E-8D63-8EE462C92986.png

It's .64 fps per degree. That's not really all that bad compared to a lot of other powders that are popular. If a reloader is careful with load development and doesn't max out a load in cooler temperatures it should not be a problem. Where I live we don't get the extreme heat that a lot of areas experience so it has not really affected my reloading in 40 plus years however I do try to load the more temperature stable powders when I can.View attachment 436916By .64 fps you mean 0.64 fps for every degree Fahrenheit or Centigrade? Thank you

It's .64 fps per degree. That's not really all that bad compared to a lot of other powders that are popular. If a reloader is careful with load development and doesn't max out a load in cooler temperatures it should not be a problem. Where I live we don't get the extreme heat that a lot of areas experience so it has not really affected my reloading in 40 plus years however I do try to load the more temperature stable powders when I can.View attachment 436916
By .64 fps you mean 0.64 fps for every degree Fahrenheit or Centigrade? Thank you

It's .64 fps per degree. That's not really all that bad compared to a lot of other powders that are popular. If a reloader is careful with load development and doesn't max out a load in cooler temperatures it should not be a problem. Where I live we don't get the extreme heat that a lot of areas experience so it has not really affected my reloading in 40 plus years however I do try to load the more temperature stable powders when I can.View attachment 436916
By .64 fps you mean 0.64 fps for every degree Fahrenheit or Centigrade? Thank you

In the United States we mostly use Fahrenheit and that's what is being used in this list. I didn't compile the information and the credit goes to Silver Bullet.
We Americans have a hard time handling the metric system. When I heard that we were switching, I came into work on Wednesday instead of Monday. When the boss asked what was going on I replied I thought we switched to the metric system and now we had a three day work week. It didn't work.

Change in velocity if just 30fps variation of your bullet drop by about 8.5" @ 1000yds. A 50fps varaition would change the your bullet by as much as 14" @ 1000yds. Go luck in guessing where your are at. Now was the round in your pocket and warm or cold in the rifle? I wonder what the different is at, Has the 2nd round down the tube has it warmed up?

Recent Posts