IMR 8133 vs N570

tmmcampbell

After about 9 months trying to find N570 I'm starting to believe we will never have a reliable supply. I've read that IMR 8133 is a good substitute. Anyone trying this powder in a 300 WM? How much are you using? Is it temperature stable? Can you buy it. (I have not seen any in stores yet. Haven't tried to buy in line yet) I'm going to give it a try if I can get my hands on some and don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have too. Thanks

I wish the powder companies would just be honest with everyone about the "new" powders.
Most everything today is Marketing BS.

Would be more willing to buy it if were called H1000 w/ copper killer or

IMR4064 Advanced with temp stabilizer.

Why do we have to guess or depart from the good old powders we've trusted for years.

8133 is darn near the same burn rate as N570. I switched to it in my 300 RUM. Is worth about 50-75 fps additional velocity over H1000 and Retumbo with the same components. I'd consider it the best substitute available. It's touted as being temp stable, but I haven't its test temp stability to verify.

I wish the powder companies would just be honest with everyone about the "new" powders.
Most everything today is Marketing BS.

Would be more willing to buy it if were called H1000 w/ copper killer or

Why do we have to guess or depart from the good old powders we've trusted for years.
The enduron powders are double based. They are not H1000 or Retumbo or 4831 or 4350 with a decoppering agent. These are single based.

Marketing BS:

H1000 w/ copper killer or

What you have laid out is exactly what you are complaining about, marketing hype. It is a new powder. You can't just brand it as something it isn't because "that's what sells."

If you look up the powder the manufacturer will give you a relative burn rate and something to compare it to. That doesn't mean they can market it as improved h1000 because it is in no way h1000, just a similar burn rate.

What you have laid out is exactly what you are complaining about, marketing hype. It is a new powder. You can't just brand it as something it isn't because "that's what sells."

If you look up the powder the manufacturer will give you a relative burn rate and something to compare it to. That doesn't mean they can market it as improved h1000 because it is in no way h1000, just a similar burn rate.

I hope you are right; I'd love to be wrong here.

I just have a hard time believing they found a NEW way to skin a cat.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.