26 nosler with imr 8133

Rem81

I have 26 nosler shooting 79.4 grains of retumbo, wlrm, primers, coal 3.400, .030 off lands with 135 Berger classic hunter at 3332 fps. That has been best load at 1.1" at 200 yards. Switching from cci250 to wlrm primers noticeably better by .250" I can deal with that but would like to try imr 8133, but can not find any load data? Which would be better retumbo or imr 8133 with the Berger 135 classic hunter?

I have 26 nosler shooting 79.4 grains of retumbo, wlrm, primers, coal 3.400, .030 off lands with 135 Berger classic hunter at 3332 fps. That has been best load at 1.1" at 200 yards. Switching from cci250 to wlrm primers noticeably better by .250" I can deal with that but would like to try imr 8133, but can not find any load data? Which would be better retumbo or imr 8133 with the Berger 135 classic hunter?
The rifle has been shot less than 40 rounds and 2 minutes between shot to cool. I cleaned it for the first 20 shots every shot to break in. Last twenty shots I cleaned after ten. groups were opening up and barrel was really dirty. Is this nature of retumbo or Berger bullets? Once cleaned it grouped good. Or is the barrel still breaking in?

You can try both nosler and IMR for info on that. I looked at the data on both sites and they didn't list it. I would look to the heavy matrix 150 or 160 the 147eldm also. I would think you could get a better case fill with these than the 135. Good luck

I would try the 8133, similar to rl33 which I have had good luck with in my 26 with the 127's. The charge weights to start with m, I don't know possibly someone with quickload could chime in.

I've tried about all of them 869 is the one that seems to work the best especially with the nosler 140 accubonds, reload mine and 3 more for friends all use 869 can go on nosler web site for any reload info, seems max or at max loads work best.

I have one and found 127 lrx to be a top shooter with retumbo at 3450fps. I have just over 300 rounds on my barrel and have significant throat erosion already. I have been chasing the lands and accuracy is still good. My point in all of this is that it sounds like you are shooting quite well with your current load at 0.55 MOA, and you may want to stick there instead of wasting barrel life. Got a mule deer at 700 yds this year with 7.9 dial up from a 300 yd zero. It is a sweet round. enjoy it.

I have one and found 127 lrx to be a top shooter with retumbo at 3450fps. I have just over 300 rounds on my barrel and have significant throat erosion already. I have been chasing the lands and accuracy is still good. My point in all of this is that it sounds like you are shooting quite well with your current load at 0.55 MOA, and you may want to stick there instead of wasting barrel life. Got a mule deer at 700 yds this year with 7.9 dial up from a 300 yd zero. It is a sweet round. enjoy it.

I agree with you if you got it close leave it alone, barrel life is not good, mine is a 32 inch strait barrel single shot pushing a 140 accubond at 3481 very deadly long range round but throat erosion is a massive problem, some of my friends who I reload for are as you stated 300 rds are showing erosion, good hunting gun but would not take to range every weekend and put 100 rds thru it. Won't last long! Oh well thanks for gunsmiths

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.