IMR 7828 questions? ?

500mag_guy

How do you guys who use imr 7828 like it?
Im getting ready to start reloading for my 270 wby mag and it seems to be the best powder ive found but i wanted to see if any of you have used it and your feelings about it.

Thanks, Eric

How do you guys who use imr 7828 like it?
Im getting ready to start reloading for my 270 wby mag and it seems to be the best powder ive found but i wanted to see if any of you have used it and your feelings about it.

Thanks, Eric

I've used the SSC version in 300 WSM and I like it because it's about the slowest burning powder that provides a non compressed case fill when stuffing the case with heavy bullets. I also use it in the 243 Win for 100 grainers. Both rifles shoot really well with it.

If it's working for you keep using it.

If it's just the "powder itself" you're askin' about... more-so than 270 comments..

We've been burning 7828 our Lazz 7mm's for nearly a dozen years..

I'm up in Alberta and have shot my loads in ALL weather swings; from +35 C & blue-bird skies to -35 C & blowing snow... never once been let down or dissapointed with the performance of that powder

...it's a "large-grain" powder type, and literally impossible to load "half-grain" charges with. However, givin my experiences anyway, those half-grain charges probably wouldn't make any HUGE ENOUGH difference in a coarse-grained powder-charge to matter - 7828 is a good choice

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.