IMR 4064 in .243

Any other ideas in powder choices? My chamber is 2.815"
I am loading to 2.800"
Have loaded starting at 2.750" & up to where I am now. I also have A neck sizing bushing I am using .002 less than loaded round.
Any other help wiuld be great!!

I would recommend RL16 it's my new favorite powder for the 243 and performance has surpassed all others with 75-95 grain bullets.

Ive got a Rem 700, 243, no J-lock, 22" 9.25 twist barrel, in a properly bedded BC stock, fluted bolt, Talley LW rings and a Leica 30mm 3.5x10x50. I like the idea of lung shot with a varmint bullet. Don't eat the ribs on a whitetail anyhow... or maybe a neck shot? I would think the hydro-static shock would anchor them or at least not go too far. I dont mind being patient and picky for the right shot... or passing if I dont get it. Plus, i hope to shoot many, many more coyotes than deer anyhow.

they can say what they want, my rem is their sportsman model 78, I free floated barrel, no bedding. but shoots same hole 100yrds with my loads. started with speer 150gr flat sp, then btsp, went to 150BT

I'm a meat hunter, eat neck roasts:), I think if you're not getting same hole, adjust seating once that powder is what want works, speed -case capacity

I love imr 3031, use a lot of their powders, that 243 new to me, smaller bore makes my powder choices different. was thinking imr 4350, as works with different lead weight 85-100

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.