IMR 4064 in .243

Years ago I used IMR 4064 (DuPont 4064 then) with 70-75 gr. bullets. I like and use IMR 4350 in my 80 Speer to 87 Gr. V-Max load, For 100-105 gr. loads in my 243 I started out about 1966 with Hodgdon 4831. It shoots good groups out of my rifle and just never experimented with another powder. Haven't shot this rifle much lately, It is a 1962 Sako Forester I picked up at the Rod and Gun Club in Chinon France when in the Army, Only gets out on pretty summer days to be shot now.

Not suggesting to go get some now but after you have burnt up the powder you have I would get some RL16.

It has performed the best I've seen with bullets from 75-95 grains in my 243 and I'm gonna test it with some 105's next.

I'm gonna try to get some 87gr hornady to load for mich. whitetails. any one else use these? if these aren't going to be good, like to know. speer 100gr & 85 gr next choices

I'm gonna try to get some 87gr hornady to load for mich. whitetails. any one else use these? if these aren't going to be good, like to know. speer 100gr & 85 gr next choices

I wouldn't use the 87 grain v-max for deer, they're a fragmenting bullet designed for varmints so they may get very little penetration.

The 85 interbond would be the Hornady bullet I would use in that weight range or move up to the 95gr SST.

been 20yrs since I've been loading, but used to load for some ATF guys, 2 police departments, plus some at another town.
loaded custom stuff, plinking, about 89 different calibers

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.