"I'll Sell you the Powder/Bullets/Primers/Brass I have for what I paid for it"

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Just curious as to what messages people put in their advertisement to sell Powder/Bullets/Items.
I see some posts with just the price that the seller wants for the Powder/Bullets/Primers. Straight up front. BEST way to post an item.

Then I see posts from other SELLERS with "I will sell you what I paid for the Powder/Primers/Bullet/Brass. These prices are usually very HIGH and include todays price + shipping +tax. I see powders that list for $45 from a retailer and then posting for $70. The same goes for Primers and Bullets.
Totally understand that a seller would want to get their money back for what they paid.
HOWEVER
I never see seller posts with "I will sell you what I paid for it" when they purchased the Powder/Primers/Bullets a few years ago when the Powder was $27 a pound. Primers were $36 per 1K and then sell it for what they actually paid for it.

I will say that we had several LRH members that were extremely FAIR in selling/trading with us Brass & Bullets also some ammo. They sold to us at the prices they paid years ago. Also these members were not Posting to sell, but saw that we put up a post needing certain Brass & Bullets and would buy or trade. They stepped right up and sent us what we needed with not being concerned with the price, but more concerned with helping us out. Great people!
Y'all know who you are. God Bless!
Len & Jill

Just curious as to what messages people put in their advertisement to sell Powder/Bullets/Items.
I see some posts with just the price that the seller wants for the Powder/Bullets/Primers. Straight up front. BEST way to post an item.

Then I see posts from other SELLERS with "I will sell you what I paid for the Powder/Primers/Bullet/Brass. These prices are usually very HIGH and include todays price + shipping +tax. I see powders that list for $45 from a retailer and then posting for $70. The same goes for Primers and Bullets.
Totally understand that a seller would want to get their money back for what they paid.
HOWEVER
I never see seller posts with "I will sell you what I paid for it" when they purchased the Powder/Primers/Bullets a few years ago when the Powder was $27 a pound. Primers were $36 per 1K and then sell it for what they actually paid for it.

I will say that we had several LRH members that were extremely FAIR in selling/trading with us Brass & Bullets also some ammo. They sold to us at the prices they paid years ago. Also these members were not Posting to sell, but saw that we put up a post needing certain Brass & Bullets and would buy or trade. They stepped right up and sent us what we needed with not being concerned with the price, but more concerned with helping us out. Great people!
Y'all know who you are. God Bless!
Len & Jill
Some people wants and needs change, so in order to purchase other powder, primers and brass at today's prices they need to sell there existing items at today's prices, because they simply don't have it in there budget to do other wise.
Once and a while you'll find someone who's perhaps older and might be getting out of there Hobbie and is in a position to show such generosity, what ever the case, your very fortunate

Last edited:
There are several "horse traders" floating around.
A year or two back a fella had a bunch of Savage parts and they were expensive, his answer was that he could charge what he wanted because the parts were so hard to find. I found parts elsewhere.

Small scale grifters trying to get ahead, got some weird forum handle, trader history is pretty big, postings are all limited to the classifieds. This forum is full of them.

Kinda chaps me, but I wouldn't sell a
'69 Chevelle for what it was purchased for in 1988 either. I'd build a new house. Or half of one(post Covid).

Guy had a Savage rifle listed on "Deals on the dial" radio program. He wanted just under "new". I asked him to strip off the scope, mounts, and sling and id pay him X amount. That rifle is now in my safe waiting for a new barrel and stock.

I haven't posted anything for sale but noticed a demand for a certain bullet that I had sitting on my shelf collecting dust so I sold one box and made a trade for the other. With shipping I made $5 . I see no reason to gouge someone in need but if someone is asking too much $$ I say don't buy it!

I've seen a couple rifles for sale that interested me....drove to take a look at these "90% rifles".....wood stocks had been sanded and resealed..could see the sanding dust in the clear....and bolts been thru the wars.....
Sooner or later I'm sure he gouged someone with misrepresentation....
'Hands on' better than 'Hindsight'....

Read a post on 24cf..."joined here(here refers to LRH) because I could gouge someone I dont
'g-a-s-f'..for a lot more money"

I usually plan on losing money when I sell gun related stuff. If I bought something that didn't work out or I changed my mind then shame on me. Sometimes I genuinely don't remember what I paid so I just base my asking price off some percentage of the current market value. I'm confident I haven't made any profit off anything I've listed in the classifieds.

Last edited:
I guess I'm just too cautious and often times too slow to really do much trading on forums. By the time I have reviewed trader history and send a PM on an item. It is sold. I get that people want to make their $$ back, but we need to realize that the fear of missing out (FOMO) is not a good strategy for the wallet.