Ignored members quoting you?!

I once accidentally insulted a border patrolmans hockey team.... was the most tense moment I've ever had traveling outside the country.

Lol.
Last winter I did a stop over in LA on my way to Peru.
The customs guy was obviously a huge hockey fan, so I couldn't resist saying that the greatest hockey player ever was a Canadian. He stopped and stared at me.
I said well just admit it man, Gretzky was and is the GOAT.
He said ya, I will give you that...and i was through.

How can we let members know that they're ignored by you so that they don't waste their/our time?
My list grows frequently…

Cheers.
I appreciate you bringing this up. There are likely those who, like myself, are not forum junkies and not so technical as to get the message. Speaking as a fella who has not yet gotten the boot, I post infrequently and try not to **** off the seasoned veterans of the forum, while genuinely seeking the knowledge such a group offers on questions properly framed (so as not to get ignored😎). As mentioned by another respondent, I too have experience e we other being ignored by my wife. Usually, the answer I would have gotten to my question would not have been effectual.

I grabbed the belt one time & ran off. lol Needless to say the day of the belt was over. OUCH
I ran off one time (without the belt), in the front yard, looking behind to check the progress of my retreat and centered a cypress about 18" in diameter. When I woke up apparently Dad thought I'd received enough of what I had coming.
he never mentioned it.
after close to 40yrs it's a little easier to tell off on myself.