IF you had a 6.5 Grendel what Hammer bullet?

I called Hammer and they suggested 85HH. I have yet to load or shoot them as of yet. I have 2460 and Varget to try with. Like the velocity out of the video. May see if I can get some of that powder as well.

Does this have a greater powder capacity than the factory Grendel case? Never mind, I see its 35 grains of water. I'm not sure if you're crazy or a genius. But good idea using the 7.62x39 case and the large rifle primer. Has to be work to transform them.
Lube. Run through 6.5 Grendel die, trim. Not too bad.

(Work is when you need 4 dies to form a case, then fire form case. 🤦)

How would H335 work with 85gr HH I have 2 lbs of it? I dont have a Accurate dealer near me.

How would H335 work with 85gr HH I have 2 lbs of it? I dont have a Accurate dealer near me.
Here's a place to get started.

IMG_1566.jpeg

Absolute Hammer bullets have less engraving so they can be loaded to higher velocities than Nosler's can.
Mike D Texas,Zen Archery and Snox 801 as well as others has loaded them well over 3000 fps.My Howa barrel don't like much over 3000 fps so far but I have more to do with it this year if my health holds out.

Last edited:
Absolute Hammer bullets have less engraving so they can be loaded to higher velocities than Nosler's can.
Mike D Texas,Zen Archery and Snox as well as others has loaded them well over 3000 fps.My Howa barrel don't like much over 3000 fps so far but I have more to do with it this year if my health holds out.
What about the 85gr Hammer Hunter?

those Rugers are good shooting guns aren't they?
I have a Ruger American Predator in 223 and it shoots all 3 touching at 100 yards out of the box.
I expect your Grendel will do the same.
The weather here is getting better and I will be getting out soon and giving it a try and will give you a report.

After trying several bullet/powder combos I went with 85gr HH @2.166col 30.5gr TAC. This bullet powder combo just would not shoot a group over 1" during load development. Jumping in .3 gr it did less than 1 moa across 2gr of powder. And repeated .4moa many times @30.5@2848fps. 2"high @100 dead on 225, 6" low @300yds.
6.585group.jpg