IF you had a 6.5 Grendel what Hammer bullet?

Try using LeverEvolution as its pixie dust in the 65 Grendel. I'd run the 85 HH. I actually have some and also have 2 Grendel's but just haven't got around to shooting the 85 yet. I've run numerous other cup/core bullets Fromm 100/123 gr with LR and they all shoot great. That LR powder just shines in the Grendel.
I've not been able to find it anywhere. But PPV is available at LGS. But I'd like to try it.

LeverEvolution has been available pretty easily at most of my LGS. Keep looking and you'll see it eventually. I recently picked up 8lbs. It's very affordable also.
You have a source of RL data for Lever evolution? None of my sources even show it as a powder for 6.5G. Hodgdon doesn't show it.

Look at Sierra load data
You have a source of RL data for Lever evolution? None of my sources even show it as a powder for 6.5G. Hodgdon doesn't show it.

What rifle and barrel length? I didnt think this speed was possible?
Me either, only so much powder you can stuff into a Grendel case. That's a hundred and sixty fps faster than 85 grain hammer. Speaking of hammer. What hammer are you using to get the bolt open.

I have a 6.5 Grendel and shoot 97 gr Absolute Hammers and Reloader 10 powder.
I can get to 3000 fps but accuracy opens up above 29.7 grs.I settled on 29.5 gr in my bolt action Howa mini at around 2950 fps.
I may try over 29.7 to 30.0 grns with bullet loaded further out than I had it last year just to see.
Have not shot an animal with the 97 gr Absolute Hammer yet but those that have reported extensive damage.

I do. I have a booklet dedicated to the Grendel reloading. Would you like picture of some of it.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Look at Sierra load data

Me either, only so much powder you can stuff into a Grendel case. That's a hundred and sixty fps faster than 85 grain hammer. Speaking of hammer. What hammer are you using to get the bolt open.
My reply about Lever was not meant to give you the impression that 3165 FPS is achieved with it. LeverEvolution is not shown up in data for many cartridges ie308 but it shines in the 308 also with 150 Monos

Convert Hor 7.62x39 case
35.4 H20 case capacity
1.512 Case
2.260 COAL (mag length)
WLRM Primer
Win748 30.5gr 3165 FPS
Gas gun or bolt rifle?
Gas…
Does this have a greater powder capacity than the factory Grendel case? Never mind, I see its 35 grains of water. I'm not sure if you're crazy or a genius. But good idea using the 7.62x39 case and the large rifle primer. Has to be work to transform them.

Last edited: