If you could only choose one bullet ......

C

chucksniper

which one would it be for whitetail hunting?

R

runshort

There are a lot of bullets that fit the bill for whitetails. We have had good luck with the Nosler Ballistic Tips thru the years and continue to use them. It's still about what it has always been about, shot placement.

Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

The ones I use now for the most part----SMK's.

B

Broz

You didn't mention an average distance or caliber. But for me I guess it would not matter anyway. I shoot Berger VLD's and have taken many WT and Mulies with them. If the cal is 30, the 210 is an awesome bullet to way out there.

Jeff gun)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B

BlackKnight755

It would definately be a Berger VLD. Whether it was a 140 grn in .264 cal or a 168 grn in a .284 cal or a 185 grn in a 30 cal. Everything that I have shot with them have been DRT and the bullets perform very well.

B

bigngreen

What ever bullet shoots the best and hopefully it has Berger on the box :D

E

Edd

As this thread shows, almost any bullet will kill a Whitetail. But if I could only pick one, it would be a 150 gr Barnes TTSX in a 7mm Remington or Weatherby mag. If I was still young it would be a 180 gr Barnes TTSX in a 300 Weatherby mag.