Ideas on what to build next

I have been looking into this a little lately and one cartridge I found was the 7mm valkarie. It has a 6.5x 47 lapua parent case. I like what they have going. good performance. almost 7mm-08 performance out of a standard ar15. That option almost makes me think you could find a 6.5x 47 ar15 if you looked hard enough. I haven't had to to look that far though. I hope this helps more than makes the choice of what to build harder. haha

When talking with dtech about the wssm options he talked me out of it. Look into the 6mm dti. 6.8 with a blown out shoulder necked to 6mm. Very sweet round and feeds as fast as a slide fire can cycle. It's about as good as you can get in an ar 15 frame. If not that then I would look at the Grendel

I certainly like my 6.5 Grendel necked down to 6mm with a blown out neck. 6mm ar turbo 40

getting velocities of 2850 with 105 bergers es 10 sd 4 well under half inch groups at 100 yrds

have a mur upper and bcm bcg that has been laying around for a year. Been trying to decide what to do with it. I have the heavy barrel precision covered. Want something light enough for hunting predators and hogs.

Just ordered a satern cut rifling barrel medium weigh 20" in Grendel II. barrel is 2.5 lbs. Have a lower with an A2 stock and SSA-E trigger. Weighed receiver and stock 4#. half pound for handguard . have a vx-6 2X12 that weighs a pound. 8# isn't bad for a hunting rifle.

from what I have read people are getting good results with the Grendel and satern barrels. Now this isn't the cheap liberty button rifled barrel sold by brownells. Believe satern barrels are what bill alexander has been using with his uppers.

I just put together a 6.5 x 6.8 upper,and plan to shoot it tomorrow. I bought an AR Performance 16" socom weight fluted barrel-5R rifling with 1-8.5 twist. I loaded up a bunch of 100 gr AMax bullets to test out of it.

Case comparison- 260 on left / 6.5 x 6.8 / 6.5 Creedmoor on right

Finished Rifle -

I'll put my ACE skeleton stock and night vision on it when I finish load testing with it.

I have the 6mm ar turbo 40. Unbelievable accuracy

I am building a 6.5 Grendel. Just waiting on my 20" medium contour satern barrel. this one I am building light for a varmint and hog gun. hope I can keep it down to 6 or 7# without optics.

In the process of purchasing a 30 ARX 30 ARX

I believe that will have the AR15 covered.

still have my 5.56 SHTF gun but seldom fire it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.