Idaho unit 59

Sorry you live in Poky......:) You'll be getting weird after a couple of more years.:D

BTW, if you haven't discovered it yet, Goodies is the best sandwich place in town. Across from ISU.

First ya gotta draw. Depending on the controlled hunt your tag may be what's called the trophy bull hunt. If it covers the area around Dubois and is a late hunt it's pretty much drive the two tracks and shoot the animal.

Towards Medicine Lodge its typical mounting hunting. ATV is pretty much a must.

Else where in the unit is sage brush. Lots of elk out there but they can hide in the sage about as well as a yote. A LRH rifle is a real plus.

If you get the tag, I'd seriously consider a ton of scouting.

Also, BJ Bayou in Roberts, is a very poor imitation of Louisiana Bayou cookin'!

Good luck.

Roy,
Thank you so much for your reply! I promise that I will keep my southern roots a must.
I am from Texas. I have already started with maps. It is the trophey hunt in nov. I am looking at hunting idaho hollow
And murdoc . Looks real good on maps going up there tomorrow to take A look

Hey Roy,
Thank you for the reply! I promise that I will keep my southern roots as I am from texas. I have already
Begun scouting with maps and talking with the biologist in I.F.. What do you think asbout idaho hollow and murdoc.
I am planning to go and scout today. Talk to ya soon

I have no idea about those spots. I've never hunted that area.

When I get back there I'll put you on to some more local LRH spots for those years you don't draw.

Texas, eh? Hmmm, there's some hogs over around Shoshone that otta make some pretty good pickin'. Also for what ever porkers are going for my neighbor produces some top of the line Pig Pickin' material.

What kind of rig are you shootin'?

I am shootin a 7mm model 110 savage. I have just started into the LRH. my plans are to build and replace factory parts and have a shootin machine. I hope any way! we will see though. How bout you ?

Roy,
What do you think about the 300wsm for long range big game hunting also? I was trying to find some reading about the savage modle 12 low profile which they make in a 300wsm !!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.