Idaho unit 45

I was able to draw both a rifle antelope and rifle deer tag this fall in Idaho's unit 45. I'm planning on making a scouting run here in the next month or so. I have hunted several times up in the panhandle but never in the Bennett Hills part of the state If anyone has any advice on the unit I would greatly appreciate it! What quality of animals (deer and antelope) can I expect to see out of the unit? Is access truly an issue in the unit? Anything helps! Thanks.

Access can be a really big factor. My boss drew that tag last year for archery deer. He ended up paying a trespass fee to a rancher that allowed him to hunt that property and also to get up on top to hunt the state land. My biggest suggestion would be to buy the most updated chip for a GPS that shows public / private. Without that, scouting it will seem impenetrable from all of the private down by the roads. There are ways to get up on top, but it takes a lot of dusty 4-wheeling to get back behind some of those ranches where the big bucks can be glassed.

Boss ended up killing a 206 velvet non-typical. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts