Idaho unit 11

John-Pure Precision

LRH Sponsor
I have changed gears and am now heading to unit 11 to go for spring bear. I called the biologist and he was vary helpfull. I'm from western Colorado so it will be a 16 hour drive to the unit. I plan on hunting the last 10 days of the season, hope it's a good time frame.
Any recommendations or advice on the unit would be great! Not looking for honey holes just friendly info. If your interested in colorado hunting I can be of use to you if you want to trade knowledge.

Also will wolfs be an option in that country or available to hunt during that time frame.

Thanks John H.

My experience in unit 11 is very limited. I have glassed a few bears in unit 11 but never got too serious about hunting it. However, I know wolves have been a huge problem in unit 10 and 10A, so I'm sure unit 11 is no exception.

I hunted Unit 13 this past season and we saw a bit of sign for wolves but no actual wolves.

thanks for the reply and the info on the unit. I figured out that wolf hunting ends at the end of march, correct me if I'm wrong. I have cabin fever bad and want to get out and slam some critters. I chose 11 due to its location and terrain, i was hoping there was more bears in there.

Unit 11 and 18 are good for LR spot and stalk. Evening is best. If you spot one late in the evening, chances are he will be their again the next afternoon. Their are more bears than you might think in that country. It is very rough and steep! be in way better shape than you think you need to be in! Crossing over to the other side of the canyons in that country is an adventure in itself.
Good Luck!

unit 11 was just voted on and passed that wolf season on private property will be year round so if your on private property they are far game when you come up

Just my two cents but i think there are just as many bears in the central part of the state and save you some drive time I grew up in Lewiston hunted 11 a lot but I would think you would be better in 10 or in 28 just a thought tho

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.