Unit 45 NM

TacRabbit

Some friends and I are planning a backpack hunt along the Pecos unit 45 in September and I am curious if anyone has experience with spot and stalk for bear in that area. It will be at the beginning of the any weapon season and our plan is to work our way into the wilderness area and glass in the morning and evening at higher elevations. We are hoping to make a few trips before the season starts to get an idea of what the land is like but may not get the chance. Any information about the area and/or tactics would be appriciated.

I don't know either but it sounds like a cool idea. I hope you get some good response to this question. What trailhead do you plan to start at? Dan

Not sure yet. We plan on starting with one of the Southern trail heads along the Pecos. I have been researching some of the trail systems but I have not found a lot of info.

How about any other central Nm area. I am not trying to get your honey holes just general unit info or tactics. I have only bear hunted once in Nm and it was a bust so I was hoping to at least see something this time. Any help would be appriciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.