Idaho Slobs are out in droves.

royinidaho

Early elk has started rifle and arrows.

Howe area: Friend coming out of the brush with his arrow slinger met two fellas dragging a nice 4X4 Muley. Muley season is a ways from opening.:mad:

Same general area.

A green measure 360 6X7 bull was taken. Things would have been well if the "taker" would have waited until the season was actually open and for the bull to cross the hwy into the open unit.

Following items were confiscated:
New Ford pick up, rifle, all the stuff in the truck.
Dues on that kind of trophy rack will be around $10K plus.:cool:

Clementsville - 5 slobs nabbed shooting from the road into private property w/o permission. The land owner is a nice guy. Know him and have hunted his property. His biggest problem is gut piles in his 3rd crop hay.:rolleyes:

This is just the start........:rolleyes:

Idaho isn't the only state to have slobs.
Last year we gave away a free hunt on pvt. land in Washington state, I have hunted this land several times and their are plenty of large bulls their along with some pretty nice white tails and lots of Turkey and grouse. When the winner showed up the land owner told him to stay off the fields near the road when hunting and to camp on the other side of the hill from his place because of road hunting poachers, he said it had gotten so bad over the last year that at night you could hear automatic fire once or twice a week. The sheriff and game dept. hadn't been able to catch anyone but he had found empty AK rounds on the road and gut piles on the edge of his fields. What was worse was finding dead deer and elk just left in the field.
They did catch several poachers in a car later in the year after hunting season was over, all four of them were illegal aliens and they were using a AK, they said they were hunting to feed their family but they had no tools for cutting up the animal and their car only had a small trunk. None showed up for court.

I hear ya. I was out and about in the woods this weekend and saw probably something like 50 guys trying to archery hunt deer from the back of a pickup bed! They were in full camo and some even had face paint on. I kept wondering why they went to the bother of putting camo on when they would have been better off wearing something the same color as the truck they were glued to. Or better yet, black and white stripes would be the best color for them because hunting in this manner is illegal in Utah!

Interesting Roy,

Please offer a bit more information please.

How many of those guys you referred to were Long Range Hunters????

I think we had a discussion a couple days ago about how most feel LRH is so unethical. I can not remember the last LRH I heard about that was in violation of braking any laws.

But ****, those ethical hunters seem to slip up more often.

Mainly just kidding as I know most hunters are very eithical at following the law but I get a kick out of so many saying we are unethical for what we do when you never hear about a LRH poaching game.....

It is sad all around, all we can do is turn them in when we see it.

Kirby Allen(50)

I coyote hunt a large area of public land just north of Milwaukee and I have the game wardens number on my phone just in case I come across some of these idiots. It's only a matter of time.

Another good reason to have that # is just in case you end up in a place that they are the only guys that can get to you...or even know where in the world you are....try telling a 911 operater your on the back side of holler bottom on the south end of gator slue near porkypine bluff with a broke leg see how long before your help finds you.....They can take trucks down roads the public cant, open gates the public cant use.....and treat em with a lil respect for what they are there to do you might just make a friend that just might tell you about some nice places to hunt..I have!

By the way I have thier home #'s and believe me around here they welcome the call at 200 am about a night-poacher....those idots dont derserve to be called hunters!

Tag numbers are awsome too! Seen the Man sitting in thier driveway when they got home with an illegal buck in the truck....talk about busted!

You get a AA+

Last edited:
Roy,

that chaps me royally.

longtooth,

I too have seen some problems with illegals and poaching. Especially with fish. there is a spot in idaho that gets stocked and they can't hardly keep it stocked because the illegals keep setting nets up and they all walk down this creek pushing the fish down to the nets and then put another net and just have a hay day. literally getting hundreds of fish after it is just stalked. They also harvest wood from forest service lands with no permits like crazy around here. there just isn't enough law enforcement to catch very many. I see it ALL the time.

sorry for the long rant but It gets me fired up because of others actions enfringes on my rights to do what I love. illegals or not

Near Lincoln, NE there is a high concentration of Vietnamese immigrants and they seem to be the worst fish poachers out there. They don't care about size, species or numbers. If they can get it into a 5 gallon bucket they keep it. The local wardens have a heck of a time catching them because when they see them coming they dump the buckets back into the lake.

I have witnessed the activity of Vietnamese immigrants while logging down in N. California. They actually do kill all and anything. If it walks or crawls they consume it without reguard to seasons.

The western states have a mass migration of new people coming to them and the pressure on game and land wil take it's toll in the coming years. Idaho in particular is nothing more than Northern California these days, as it has been basically annexed by the more populous state.

There are only so many resources and Idaho is nothing like it was back in the days of my childhood.

I didn't realize that we had the Vietnam immigrants hunting in one area I hunt until I talked to a park ranger and he told me about them getting calls for a forest fire only to find some VI cooking up whatever they just shot, birds or otherwise.

yea, but what can we do. I'll tell what we can do . Vote for the people that want to control the mass influx of illiaglels. Say what you want, the illeagel immigration to this country is breaking this countries back vertibra by vertibra. The dems and some rep , hell most reps and sens want the illeagel here to break down the middle class and turn this into a ruler country of the elite and the poor this way they can tell us whats best for us, example; no guns! There trying hard right know I hope you don't like your 10/22's of course I would like to know who will pay all the bills them. The middle class carries the weight in this country. then what?

Heck I'm sorry I just get real heated about the illeagel situation because they don't care about our fine country the just want to exploit it. and I might add they are doing a prety good job of it.
Sorry about the rant

Rh

Just a note to clarify

Those that I mentioned, the known count is up to 8, weren't illegal aliens but good old american slobs who happen to live in Idaho.

W/the new rule, the way I understand it if the game is a trophy, which a 360 green 7X6 must surely be; the fella will loose the truck with all contents, the ATV and everything hanging on it, and his rifle/scope etc.

Imagine the nads will go also when his wife learns about it.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.