Ibex Hunting in Kyrgyzstan 🇰🇬 with 300RUM

flims

After many months of deliberation and consideration we actually made it to this mid asian country in pursuit of the mid asian ibex. We left Europe for Turkey to then travel to Bishek the capital city. Thanks to the info we had found in this forum, we picked an almost new 300RUM from France for a great deal and we saved the pennies for the trip. It just worked and I was surprised how well the rifle shot out of the box.
I detailed the full experience including the load development for the 300RUM in this thread.
Full review here > Ibex hunting 300RUM
IMG-20221101-WA0040.jpg

Last edited:
This hunt is planned for me in my head for 2024. It's been a dream for the last few years, I have a custom rifle being made and should be done for fall of '23 which gives me plenty of time to play and fine tune. Just need to find that outfitter that speaks English, is booking for '24 that can meet or exceed my expectations for a trophy ibex. Great read

This hunt is planned for me in my head for 2024. It's been a dream for the last few years, I have a custom rifle being made and should be done for fall of '23 which gives me plenty of time to play and fine tune. Just need to find that outfitter that speaks English, is booking for '24 that can meet or exceed my expectations for a trophy ibex. Great read
Drop me a pm I'll send you the outfitters details I go with. Meets all your requirements my freind

In the late 70's I owned several #1's , some shot lights out and some wouldn't shoot under 2". That was before all the new powders and bullets. I know a gunsmith that knows how to make them shoot, He installs a new barrel and he makes a stock that works really well. From what I can gather most of the issues are in the pressure on the forend screw. Iv'e been toying with the idea of building a fast twist 300 win. throated to 3.80 , I want to hang the long heavy bullets out of the case. I can get 3.700 max in a bolt gun by spending a ton of money on action and magazine work . That is eliminated with the #1 in any caliber.