Ibex Nanny Hunt in New Mexico

lilharcher

If anyone has done this hunt in the Florida mountains of New Mexico, please PM me. Seeking some general information. Thank you in advance!

Screwed up on my application and drew a nanny tag, lol!! So I'm off to NM in another week. ****ed at first, now thinking it will be cool to harvest a female (any size) or male w/ horns less than 15".......will never draw the any Ibex tag in my lifetime, so adding this species will be cool!!

I live about two miles from Florida Mountains. You will want to be in pretty decent shape to get into the mountain. The nanny hunt should be pretty straight forward. If you need anything just shoot me a PM and I can give you locations to access.

Population is down a little so nannies aren't just everywhere like they used to be. Good glass and being able to shoot 500yds + will help a bunch.

Before you shoot make sure it's in a place you can retrieve it.

Glass from the bottom find them before you start up the mountain. Find them the evening before, they don't move much at night.

It's a fun hunt but a lot of the mountain is brutal. You want good leather boots, Leather gloves, walking stick.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts