Ibex Hunting in Kyrgyzstan 🇰🇬 with 300RUM

Congrats on your ibex
Im going next year
How does one know how to set up a scope for a turret? For example I live at sea level and will be hunting in a weather condition that I don't have experience in, barometric pressure range I have not a clue at and at 11000-13500 feet. Where does one start?

I'm looking to have a turret made so I can just dial. I'm more asking how does one know what to expect for conditions of the unknown on so many different variables
That's the shortcoming of CDS style turrets. They only work in a narrow range, at least at long range.

I'm looking to have a turret made so I can just dial. I'm more asking how does one know what to expect for conditions of the unknown on so many different variables
Hey, this video will help you achieve that. I suggest you also research the conditions you will have where you will go.

After many months of deliberation and consideration we actually made it to this mid asian country in pursuit of the mid asian ibex. We left Europe for Turkey to then travel to Bishek the capital city. Thanks to the info we had found in this forum, we picked an almost new 300RUM from France for a great deal and we saved the pennies for the trip. It just worked and I was surprised how well the rifle shot out of the box.
I detailed the full experience including the load development for the 300RUM in this thread.
Full review here > Ibex hunting 300RUMView attachment 421918
Congrats on a mighty fine harvest and a dream hunt of a lifetime. Kyrgyzstan is a beautiful country and has some wonderful people. I was deployed at Manas Air Base in Bishkek and could travel where we were allowed.

If you have an MOA/Adjustible turret and buy a Revic BR4 rangefinder from Gunwerks and all you have to do is input your caliber specific information for the elevations you are at when you zero the rifle and the rangefinder will do the rest. It has a built in weather station, altimeter and does all the corrections for you. You can set it up to give you yardage or MOA adjustments and all you have to do is dial and shoot. I have had one of their rangefinders for the last ten years or so and it has never let me down.

If you have an MOA/Adjustible turret and buy a Revic BR4 rangefinder from Gunwerks and all you have to do is input your caliber specific information for the elevations you are at when you zero the rifle and the rangefinder will do the rest. It has a built in weather station, altimeter and does all the corrections for you. You can set it up to give you yardage or MOA adjustments and all you have to do is dial and shoot. I have had one of their rangefinders for the last ten years or so and it has never let me down.
Can you verify your ballistics and true them with that?

..I've messed with a few of them over the last 6 decades and overall none of them shot anywhere near as good as the worst bolt actions I've loaded for or owned..maybe it was me but I just couldn't find the sweet spot or anything close..I would never even think of carrying one across the pond to hunt with unless Ruger was footing the bill...