I need some guidance on setting a die up..

No they were not…I had a feeling that would cause an issue since they weren't. I did some trading for other brass with a member on here.
By chance do you have any factory ammo cases that were fired in your rifle, maybe even with the same head stamp as the brass that you bought that had been fired in someone else's rifle?

If so, I would recommend that you measure both and see how they differ.

I am experienced in reloading although I would not call myself a pro. Without boring everyone with what I know I'm going to ask what I don't…today I tried to reload some once fired brass for 300 win mag. I set my die up like normal and after I ran a few through I tried to chamber them in my rifle and they wouldn't. I ran the die down a little more but it was extremely hard to size them.

So what am I doing wrong? This is my first experience with a belted case.
Try a FL die instead of a partial size?

It's a Hornady run of the mill two die set. The New Dimension Set I'm pretty sure. I ordered the imperial wax…when it comes in a few days I'll tackle it again. Thanks for all the input!
Clean case and color it with a black sharpie and try to chamber it. This will reveal where it is rubbing ( too tight)

I am experienced in reloading although I would not call myself a pro. Without boring everyone with what I know I'm going to ask what I don't…today I tried to reload some once fired brass for 300 win mag. I set my die up like normal and after I ran a few through I tried to chamber them in my rifle and they wouldn't. I ran the die down a little more but it was extremely hard to size them.

So what am I doing wrong? This is my first experience with a belted case.
Thanks for posting your question. I ran into same issue yesterday with 3006 brass various head stamps not fired from my gun. Learned brass was shot out of a m1 grand. Full sized them and wouldn't chambered. Used my head space comparator found shoulder was running 2.05+. Placed brass in my Wilson case guage and all looked good till I tried to chamber. No way was it going to chamber. Remembering your post and everyone response including imperial die wax I was able to bump shoulder back and chamber the rounds. Placed the brass in the Wilson case guage to confirm results and found all the brass now needs trimming which I confirmed with my calipers. Wanted thank everyone for their positive input.

Thanks for everyone's responses and advice! I ended up walking away from them for a few days…disassembled/cleaned my sizing die, reinstalled the die and everything worked fine. I don't know if there was trash in the die, I didn't see anything obvious, or what. Now the sized cases chamber like they should in my rifle.

Thanks for everyone's responses and advice! I ended up walking away from them for a few days…disassembled/cleaned my sizing die, reinstalled the die and everything worked fine. I don't know if there was trash in the die, I didn't see anything obvious, or what. Now the sized cases chamber like they should in my rifle.
Thanks for the update. That information you provided to clean your dies will be ticked away in the memory banks. Great trouble shooting

throw have it GIF by Freek Vonk